- Washington D.C., DC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Saraya Kohloff
On-site, Washington D.C.
This is an opportunity to work as public policy coordinator contractor in the DC office beginning Fall 2022. The team is seeking highly organized, motivated, and detail‐oriented college graduates to work with our Public Policy team. The DC office helps to inform users, the media, partners, employees and other stakeholders about the company's products and business. Working with policymakers at the international, federal, and state levels, the team handles legislative and regulatory matters, participates in domestic and international policy discussions, and leads the company’s interactions with consumer and other non-governmental organizations. Alongside team members responsible for public policy and strategic communications, public policy coordinators will work on a variety of projects and policy issues with relevance in the US and around the world, ranging from legislative monitoring and policy analysis to content development.
• Support public policy and communications activities.
• Monitor and analyze legislation, regulation, and policies related to the company.
• Draft policy related materials including briefings and talking points.
• Research policy areas of interest to the company.
• Support outreach to Government, Congress, non‐profit organizations, and other entities.
• Research and develop policies and communication related to online safety, security, and privacy.
• Partner with senior team members on a wide range of projects.
• Assist in organizing events including trainings and educational outreach.
• Must have BA (applicable degrees; business, law, political science, public policy, international relations, communications, journalism, or equivalent).
• Must have BA or BS in an applicable degree such as business law, political science, public policy, international relations, communications, journalism, or equivalent.
• Ability to commit up to 40 hours per week in our Washington D.C. office
• Previous internship or professional experience in policy, research, communications, or government preferred.
• Demonstrated interest in politics, public policy, and technology.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully.
• Experience in the Internet technology industry a plus.
• Passion for social media and online communication a must!
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
Be part of their mission of community building
Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.