- Sunnyvale, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kendra Campbell
In this assignment with Aquent's client, as part of the their global Marketing and Communications group, the 3D Visual Merchandising team develops physical deliverables for the client’s products and services experiences in support of their Retail, Events, and Channel partners globally. The team is responsible for crafting and developing complex visual merchandising fixtures, furniture, product experience, and display solutions. The Production Manager serves as a centralized point of contact for the teams development spaces. This role helps manage the process for receiving, dispatching, and following up on maintenance work orders, collaborating closely with business partners and vendors, soliciting quotes for services, invoice verification and updating work order status The Production Manager provides strong material and fixture development skills, project management, vendor management, and partner management to deliver on a wide variety of 3DVM projects and R&D initiatives. You will be instrumental in identifying and developing new products, materials and finishes as well as manufacturing and supply chain alternatives that represent an advancement or new functionality creating the basis for captivating, efficient and environmentally friendly visual merchandising elements. You understand that Innovation means doing things differently or doing things that have never been done before – to challenge the status quo and push boundaries even if this means going after more complex solutions or taking higher risks. You are committed to diversity and understand it takes many different points of view to fully grasp the complexity of a challenge. You will partner with suppliers to drive smart and innovative solutions while upholding quality standards, advising our design team on engineering and sustainable solutions, costs and impacts, as well as managing budgets, timelines and cross-functional team engagement to ensure successful project hand-offs. Our team provides best-in-class quality by collaborating with Marcom’s Design groups and building trusted relationships with cross-functional team, agency and supplier partners.
• Drive 3D design development including: development strategy and briefings, budgets, estimates, timelines, supplier management, engineering drawing reviews, production reviews, presentations, compliance, and legal
• Provide proactive, innovative solutions and lend strategic thinking to projects, discussions and processes
• Lead prototype reviews; planning, logistics, installation, use of simple tools, run of show, presentation, documentation, stakeholder and supplier recaps
• Execute against project briefs and negotiate project shifts with nimble, innovative and strategic approach
• Collaborate with Design, Project Management, Producer, Operations, Finance, Procurement, Legal and Production team members to deliver best-in-class 3DVM solutions
• Serve as an ambassador for the 3D Production team, establish and maintain trusted and productive relationships with cross-functional, agency and supplier partners
• 3-5+ years of retail fixture development experience, material and finish development (preferably with consumer electronic products) in a design agency, architecture firm, or corporate in-house studio
• Project leadership with experience managing the design development process for 3D physical deliverables
• Aptitude for project management, strong eye for quality, construction details, and attention to detail
• Curiosity and desire to explore new solutions and creatively problem solve
• Ability to thrive in ambiguous environments and self motivate
• Proactive, inventive, highly organized, and calm under pressure approach
• Works optimally both as a team member and a project lead
• Ability to build relationships through open and clear communication, transparent collaboration and consistently delivers results
• Ability to make accurate and timely decisions • Experience managing and documenting material and finish development
• Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
• Architectural and engineering drawings familiarity
• BA or BS degree
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Resource Manager checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
This role is based in Santa Clara Valley, with international and domestic travel lasting up to 10 days at a time.