- New York, NY (remote)
- Job Terms:
- $155,000 - $180,000
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
Our TOP Fortune 500 client is seeking a Lead Product Designer to join their team.
Company Industry: Healthcare, Retail, or E-commerce with B2C
IDEAL BACKGROUND: a systems thinker who is data-driven and can make complex problems simplified. An end-2-end designer who can mentor junior designers and manage key stakeholders
PORTFOLIO: Must include case studies*
PREFERRED BACKGROUND: Enterprise experience solving complex design problems, design systems, Figma, and agile experience
Candidates must be located 3-hrs from one of the following locations markets: Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Portland, OR, Seattle WA, Reston, VA, Dallas, TX, Northwest, Arkansas, Hoboken, NJ
About the Team:
The Health & Wellness team builds products to care for millions of customers & patients at one of their deepest needs––personal health. You’ll leverage the best and latest tools to facilitate remote teams and work with teams who develop experiences that have changed the industry including the mobile app, online grocery experience, curbside, or Delivery Unlimited. Innovating on the world’s biggest stage, you’ll get to deliver customer-centric solutions before they walk in the door, after they purchase, and every step in between.
As a Lead Designer, you will help transform complex information and tasks into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customer and associates. To do this, you’ll need to think visually, using techniques like storyboards and sketching to communicate design concepts. You’ll use your deep knowledge of the UX process (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing), in collaboration with other team members, to iterate multiple solutions and deliver pixel-perfect designs. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of shopping. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Senior Product Designer could be the fit you’ve been looking for.
Who will love this role:
- A doer who thrives in a fast-paced environment; we move quickly and need a teammate who will go the extra mile for the company’s success and our user’s happiness
- An empathetic problem solver who puts the customer first, and enjoys discovering opportunities by diving deep into the customer experience
- A team player who enjoys working cross-functionally to make the best design and can handle anything that comes your way
- An optimist who knows strategies will shift and priorities will change but approaches each day as a new opportunity to create the best experience for our customers and business.
What you will do:
- Create user experience solutions across several conversational projects.
- Design frameworks, flows, site maps, wireframes, and prototypes to meet our goals while balancing out
- Collaborate and partner with engineering, product management, data science (among other stakeholders) to find solutions to deliver value to customers
- Facilitate and design workshops to help teams uncover opportunities, objectives, and solutions
- Be able to articulate experience strategy, opportunities and how usability relates to a larger brand experience to a diverse group of people
- Partner with the Design Team to develop new paradigms and frameworks for new conversational interaction models
- Maintain and adhere to brand and personality guidelines to create a consistent conversational experience
- Evangelize the design process by promoting the purpose of design and the impact that it makes
What we expect
- 7+ years of experience in UX or relevant field in a consumer-focused business/product
- You are a systems thinker
- Ability to create and present strategic experiences that ladder up into business strategy, goals, and opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical savvy audience members
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Experience working in an agile and/or lean environment
- Startup experience a plus
- Bachelor’s and 4 years of experience; OR Master’s and 3 year of experience; OR 7 years of experience
- Degree in Product Design or Human Computer interaction or similar
Perks and Benefits:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.