- Seattle, WA (remote)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
Our TOP Fortune 500 client is seeking a Director of UX for the eCommerce platform team.
COMPANY INDUSRTY: Enterprise Retail or E-commerce with B2C
PREFERRED BACKGROUND: Enterprise experience solving complex design problems, design systems and agile experience
PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENT: *In-depth case studies to support work*
Candidates must be located 3-hrs from one of the following locations markets: Bay Area, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Portland, OR, Seattle WA, Reston, VA, Dallas, TX, Northwest, Arkansas, Hoboken, NJ,
About the Team
Customer Platform Deaign Team team creates experiences and designs the websites, tools, and mobile solutions for millions of customers and associates. As a part of the Product Design team that is at the forefront of retail, you will be responsible for building best-in-class experiences that drive continuous improvement and innovation on the world’s largest company. If you are motivated by complex challenges and want to build the future of commerce and consumer services, a Design role could be what you’ve been looking for.
The Director, User Experience – Customer Platform team, you'll be designing omni-channel commerce products and experiences. You will bring together our retail and consumer services for our customers as they interact with us online, in our apps or visiting our stores. You will lead and guide a design team to craft quality, sophisticated solutions that are inclusive, scalable, and useful to a broad set of teams. You will help steward our commitment to accessibility, ensuring that everyone can use our products regardless of their abilities. You’ll employ your great strengths in storytelling to present your vision and product design rationale in a compelling, convincing manner. While working with partners to determine a shared plan forward that balances business and technology considerations, you will create and champion an experience that is highly engaging and usable and deliver pixel-perfect detailed design with your team. You will build relationships with your product and engineering partners to evangelize the power of design to improve outcomes.
By innovating on the world’s biggest stage, you will have the chance to shape the future of retail and beyond. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, being Director, User Experience could be the fit you’ve been looking for.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- Experience leading design teams in retail, ecommerce and enterprise
- A strong strategic mindset and a systems thinking approach.
- Skills as a change maker who is not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo.
- Breadth and depth in enterprise and consumer design: Relevant experience including the ability to integrate informed insights into the design of enterprise tools, services, software.
- Excellent visual and interaction design skills and a keen understanding of trends in the marketplace – in and out of retail.
- Ability to communicate concepts in a clear and compelling way to audiences of all levels of understanding and levels of seniority.
- Track record of shipping high impact enterprise products in a fast-moving and changing environment – one that celebrates experimentation, iteration, and shipping.
- Experience leading product design process and building strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multitask across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
- Deep experience with business requirement gathering, end-to-journey mapping, facilitating sessions like Design Sprints, conducting competitive analysis, and leading rapid concepting and prototyping.
- Champion of a design philosophy that is inclusive of all people.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Leading the Product Design team in a way that nurtures the unique strengths of each member of the team and brings them together in a way that has multiplying effect.
- Facilitating creative problem-solving across cross-functional partners to drive best-in-class thinking from all parts of the organization and seamlessly integrating competitive organizational goals.
- Driving and holding others accountable to create experiences that celebrate and empower our end-users.
- Proactively soliciting, leveraging, and sharing design research, competitive research, data, and analytics to create full-featured and strategic products.
- Fostering a maker mindset so teams can iterate and experiment collaboratively in order to challenge the status quo, drive new thinking, and improve processes for creating future-forward product experiences.
- Thinking holistically so that we build true end-to-end experiences.
- Switching gears from deep design thinking to rapid-fire execution.
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Business, Communications, Fine Arts, or related field and 10+ years of experience in Product Design or related field.
- 3+ years of experience building and leading high performing teams.
- 3+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.