- Remote- Chicago/San Bruno/New York/Bentonville
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Julee Grupe
We are partnering with a leading retailer to bring on a Marketing and Planning Manager. This is a fulltime, permanent role based in San Francisco but can be done fully remote- woohoo!
The client is looking for an experienced data-driven strategist, storyteller, and marketing insights guru to partner with Sales to drive growth and excellence across cross-category accounts.
As the lead strategist, you will own mining, synthesizing and interrogating category level data to develop omnichannel insights that inform the media & marketing strategies you will recommend that drive growth for the company’s brand partners. You will be an expert resource on uncovering new opportunities and developing strategies around the company's shopper, category, fulfillment channel and media channel and create go-to-market strategic recommendations for your assigned departments and categories. This position sits under Marketing and reports to the Associate Director of Client Solutions for Cross-Category
They’re looking for ambitious, exceptionally smart and strategic, people-oriented folks who are excited to solve business challenges holistically in creative and agile ways and encourage cross functional connectivity.
The ideal candidate has a proactive and consultative approach, brings deep industry and category experience, is highly analytical and exceptionally articulate in crafting insights-driven strategies, and evolve them into persuasive selling story telling business recommendations that are financially viable, anchored in business strategies, and in category development opportunities that unlock incremental sales. They are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Become WMC’s master strategist, empowering Sales to drive internal and external partnerships and growth for Cross-Category Marketplace accounts by:
- Mining and analyzing 1st and 3rd party data to uncover category-level insights, trends and opportunities that address specific seasonal & supplier business objectives for the category.
- Then, leveraging that data and your observations to develop insights-driven retail media and marketing strategies that deliver growth for the client & Marketplace Suppliers
- You will support and contribute to supplier JBP, QBR, Top-to-Top, Immersion days, and ad hoc requests for sales related pitch material and collateral or sizeable pitches.
- You will be a key consultant for the Marketplace sales team in uncovering new category growth opportunities and creating custom and bespoke sales enablement playbooks and marketing collateral to that drives investment in media.
- Help transform relationships with suppliers and brand owners from transactional into co-creating partnerships; as well as evolve the role into a proactive strategic thought leadership position.
- Drive a go-to-market approach by proactively leading partnerships with enterprise and cross-functional stakeholders, to align the recommendations for suppliers with the client’s merchandising and marketing strategies.
- Consistently deliver a balance of analytical rigor and storytelling in every single output and communication, always being prepared to convey insights and influence with a strong point of view.
- Has the ability to blend analytical skillset with creative-strategic thinking.
- Demonstrate a spirit of partnership, collaboration, and operational agility and excellence.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and highly driven.
- Have an eye for detail and a mind for strategy.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree for this role. MBA or advanced-level academic degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience working cross-functionally in brand or performance marketing, strategic planning, commercial strategy, shopper insights, retail or digital advertising or media.
- Relevant agency, media or brand-side cross-category experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A balance of right brain, left brain: Being highly analytical, curious by data and articulate in connecting insights to strategies that demonstrate creativity—that have a compelling story arc and narrative.
THE BONUS - STRONGLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Retail/e-commerce experience.
- Change management experience.
- Experience managing or working with Marketplace Sellers
- Experience on ad-hoc research methodologies (Path to Purchase, Omni channel Connected Shopper Journeys, quick surveys, etc.), and with syndicated data providers (Nielsen, IRI, Mintel, MRI, NPD, Tableau, Adobe analytics, Numerator, Kantar).