- Clear Lake, TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Michelle Yelverton
We are seeking a User Experience Developer for a permanent opportunity with one of our valued clients in the Manufacturing industry.
Our client is a commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research and manufacturing, and they are looking for out-of-this-world talent to join their mission. As a User Experience Developer at their company, you would not just be working on one application or webpage, but will instead be truly helping design the entire experience of space travel - from the interfaces used to control on-board services (such as lighting, AC, etc) to the applications/software being used by their mission control on the ground.
If you are a UX Developer who is passionate about improving experiences on earth, imagine the work you can do by helping design experiences for those traveling in space!
** The candidate will be required to work onsite in our client's Clear Lake office. **
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produces, maintains, and modifies user interfaces in accordance with user and system requirements.
• Ensures delivered applications are accessible across many platforms and operating systems.
• Writes applications that are compliant with ADA requirements (Section 508 and WCAG accessibility standards).
• Works within the Agile process.
• Works with engineers to provide guidance and recommendations on design for manufacturability.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field required
• 5+ years’ experience in frontend programming, web application development, or similar role
• 4+ years developing modular and maintainable code
• 4+ years working with CSS pre-processor such as SASS or LESS
• 4+ years working with web standards, CSS-driven layouts, and a good understanding of the DOM
• Experience with source/version control like BitBucket, Github, or AzureDevOps
• Prior experience working in an agile environment is a plus
• Hands-on experience working with high-fidelity designs, wireframes, and clickable prototypes a plus
• URL samples and/or a web project portfolio explaining your role in the projects
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
• Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
• Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
• Understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
• Skills in translating functional requirement documents into UI coded applications
• Eye for intelligent UIUX design, passion for clean code development with notation
• Highly organized and detail oriented; able to juggle, prioritize, and keep track of multiple tasks and projects.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision, and make and communicate the rationale behind key decisions in a constantly evolving fast-pace work environment.
• Strong project and time management skills with a high level of intuition and judgment.
• Must have a “can do” attitude – no job is too big or small, problem solver.
• Ability to take on ownership of projects ad hoc and drive them from beginning to end.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and proactive; creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
• Self-assured and energetic self-starter; proactive about learning and motivated to take on additional responsibilities over time.
•Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to integrate quickly into a small team and represent the company with integrity.
• Professional, confident, driven, and dynamic.
• Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
• Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
• Equipment and Machines
• Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).