- Clear Lake, TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Michelle Yelverton
We are seeking a User Experience Designer for a permanent opportunity with one of our valued clients in the Manufacturing industry.
Our client is a commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research and manufacturing, and they are looking for out-of-this-world talent to join their mission. As a User Experience Designer at their company, you would not just be working on one application or webpage, but will instead be truly helping design the entire experience of space travel - from the interfaces used to control on-board services (such as lighting, AC, etc) to the applications/software being used by their mission control on the ground.
If you are a UX Designer who is passionate about improving experiences on earth, imagine the work you can do by helping design experiences for those traveling in space!
As a UX Designer, you will lead the effort in designing front end interfaces, from crafting the digital control interaction that the astronauts will engage with on station, to the experience that visitors of the company's Headquarters encounter.
** The candidate will be required to work onsite in our client's Clear Lake office. **
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the effort to identify user needs and design unique digital experiences that are complex yet easily understood interfaces (scientific and engineering disciplines is a bonus).
• Experience working through the entire design process from concept through execution.
• Create wireframes and mockups to craft an exceptional end user experience that is intuitive and easy to use.
• High proficiency with Information Architecture, Work Flow Diagrams & Wireframing
• Ability to effectively interact and communicate with large cross-functional teams.
• Understanding and proven use of color theory, hierarchy design and other psychological aspects that are needed to benefit all users from crew, to astronauts, to visitors with little to no training.
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media, or related
• A portfolio of previous work; aesthetics; color theory, iconography, typography, brand representation.
• Experience with the Adobe Suite – emphasis in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Experience with and deep understanding of Invision, Figma and other necessary tools
• Experience understanding and designing for user personas