- Vancouver, BC; Remote
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kate Gottfried
Location: Local to Vancouver, BC preferred but open to remote candidates within Canada willing to work studio core hours.
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Character Artist. In this position, you will be expected to help deliver high quality character assets for this AAA Game Studio's projects. You will also be expected to help develop technical best practices for the development of our character tools, pipelines and systems.
- Adhere to the Character Modeling quality bar set by the Art Director and Lead Character Artist.
- Work with the Character Art team to achieve key milestones and deliverables.
- Actively accepts feedback from the Art Director and Lead Character Artist.
- Work with the Lead Character Artist to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of game character assets.
- Collaborate with Lead Character Artist and technical teams to develop run-time game character procedures & pipelines.
- Makes a significant, direct contribution to the creation of character art.
- Works towards established production deadlines.
- Must have 3-5+ years of experience in video games. Film/television or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
- Exceptional visual and technical understanding in sculpting, 3D modeling & texturing (both high- & low-resolution characters), and creating “game ready” characters.
- Experience and/or education in sculpting and drawing realistic organic forms with an emphasis on human, biped and quadruped shapes. Excellent anatomical understanding.
- Experience creating both humans and creatures.
- Proficient in Maya.
- Zbrush proficiency a must.
- Experience with Substance Painter a must.
- Experience with Unreal Engine a big plus.
- Self-motivated and directed.