- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Caitlin Bair
We are seeking designers to develop component designs and work collaboratively with Product Managers and Engineering throughout implementation. Additionally, designers will be responsible for developing design guidelines, in collaboration with our writing team, to publish in our design guidelines website.
- Create robust, coherent, useful, and usable design system components that meet the needs of the product, across a variety of devices and brand needs.
- Collaborate effectively within a cross-functional product development team to present ideas and design solutions, partnering with engineering to implement, writers and editors to author and revise content, and researchers to validate design decisions.
- Provide a strong design perspective, showcasing a fluency with expressing branding within digital product or service experiences.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Continuously explore new modes of communication that meet the changing needs of our users (both designers/developers and end-users) in ways that are delightful, understandable, and accessible.
- Help shape processes that enable a sustainable design language.
- Min. 8 years of experience in product design or UX.
- Min. 2 years of experience as a feature or product designer working directly with design systems.
- Experience contributing to mature design systems including component design, documentation, and education.
- Working knowledge of design tokens.
- Experience designing across multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of technical constraints in designing for web, iOS, and Android.
- Experience with accessibility standards.
- Strong communication, collaboration and creative problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working with front end engineering teams for web and mobile user interfaces.
- Expert with Figma, with strong awareness of its strengths and limitations
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects, with at least one focusing on a design system.
- Contributed code for web or native apps.
A giant in the Tech Industry, this company's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. This company is committed to continuing to make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything they do—from how they build their products to how they build their workforce. Consistently named one of Forbes top employers, this company works hard to attract, retain and progress the best Talent.
A career here gives you the opportunity to be part of something bigger:
Expanding Opportunity - Providing people with information, tools and services to help them build knowledge, fuel curiosity, and unlock opportunity.
Protecting Users - Keeping billions of people safer online.
Including all Voices - Building a world where progress, equitable outcomes, diversity, and inclusion can be realities both inside and outside our workplace.
Responding to Crisis - Helping those affected by crisis through products, people and partners.
Advancing Sustainability - Unifying practices, partnerships, and products around a single mission — to foster sustainability at scale.
Are you ready to join the journey?
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.