- On-site (Sausalito, CA - near San Francisco)
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Ryan Lack
Location: This is an on-site role in Sausalito, CA (just north of San Francisco). Local candidates only, please.
The main function of a Prototyper is to research, design, and create prototypes in required area including augmented and virtual reality. A typical prototyper is responsible for building and enhansing prototyping platforms in partnership with other prototypers and technical teams.
- Research, design, and create interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with other technical teams to build and enhance prototyping platforms
- Set up and maintain prototypes and present to various audiences
- Communicate analysis them to your cross-functional partners
- Give and solicit real-time feedback from others in order to approve the quality of the product
- Partner effectively with PMs, engineers, user researchers, content strategists & QA, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from product conception to launch - as well as post-launch design support
- Create product-ready assets for internal rapid testing and external release
- Advocate for product design throughout Facebook
- Experience with real-time 3D development
- Programming experience in one or more languages (C#, C/C++, Python, Java)
- Experience with AR/VR and game development
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability are required.
- Ability to visualize in 3D and understand aesthetic aspects of design.
- Previous experience using the computer to create layouts and generate new images.
- Proven problem solving experience and experience overcoming challenges
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience required
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.