- Portland, OR
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shannah Dibb
Join our client's well-known apparel brand in Portland as an Associate Merchant at their HQ!
The Associate Merchant role sits on a gender product merchandising team, responsible to translate seasonal strategy for the gender and marketplace unit into the optimal assortment for the respective consumers served. The role partners with Gender Merchandising leaders, cross functional partners and MPU stakeholders to plan, help build and trade a consumer right assortment!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- We’re looking for consumerists with an affinity for product and that enjoys the energy of moving at the pace of retail and the consumer. The successful Associate Merchant will thrive and contribute to a positive and progressive team dynamic.
- This role supports building consumer right assortments for the North America Geo, using historical data, analytics and real-time market feedback to inform the future (coming seasons) while winning today (trading real-time).
- The candidate should possess solid retail competence and analytical skills, an understanding of retail environments starting with digital and bring a consumerist perspective to the team and business.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- You will onboard the seasonal plans including product, pricing, flow, and concept or initiatives intent. You will understand related aspects of the business and marketplace when initiating seasonal work.
- Manage Assortment systems for seasonal product adoption
- Using insights and financial plans to assort by classification & price point
- Partner with planning to ensure support of sport/classification demand plan strategy
- Assist with seasonal pricing strategy
- Support Merchandise Managers on creating tools to show marketplace strategy and intent of product distribution
- Support Merchandise Manager on additional tools used to feed Global seasonal insights
WHAT YOU BRING
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree or additional 2 years of relatable experience
- 2 years experience in footwear or apparel merchandising, product creation and/or retail in a vertical, multi-brand or digital environment
- Understanding of common retail and/or digital profit-based metrics such as sell-through, turn, ASP, UPT and others
This client, named for the Greek goddess of victory, is the world's leading designer, marketer and distributor of athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories.