- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Carin Wallace
Location: Must be local and needs to be able to come onsite in Mountain View at least once a week.
Our client is looking for creative, talented, passionate & ambitious people to help solve large-scale problems.
- Communication Designers are responsible for representing the company and their own product teams in the most accurate way possible, all the while improving communication of complex ideas internally and externally.
- Common deliverables are illustrations, infographics, videos, printed materials, emails, and presentations.
- Executing these items at scale can also require creating communication systems that could take the shape of website and templates.
- As a Communication Designer, you will be responsible for taking a variety of content such as program updates, user research findings, insights, and data and crafting them into compelling, engaging, and memorable messages aimed at audiences ranging from the global eng teams to executives.
- Recommend and implement new strategies and presentation materials for communicating to our peers and varying levels of stakeholders from cross-functional partners to senior leadership.
- Partner with key stakeholders in US and APAC to create digital (and occasionally print) materials in the form of presentations, documents, and websites to communicate program information, resources and risks.
- Develop clear communication materials to convey concepts and information so that it is relatable and memorable.
- Create engaging infographics and information visualizations that clearly convey concepts and insights based on qualitative and quantitative data.
- 4+ years of experience in industry standard software such as Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and Google Apps (Slides, Docs, Sheets).
- Excellent written and visual communication skills in English, storytelling with data.
- Samples must be submitted in PDF or Website format.
- An impressive portfolio of online work that includes a breadth of work; styles for information visualizations, illustrations, iconography, print, and visual design.
- Creative problem-solving abilities and the desire to experiment with new ways of presenting complex information.
- 5+ years experience visual design, UI design, or product design with ability to adapt stylistic range to different brands.
- Experience with using & editing video for advertising, marketing, or propaganda.
- Experience working closely with Eng and product management teams in the tech industry.
- Great at storytelling and turning insights into sticky headlines.
- Effective communication with program managers.
* Being bilingual in Mandarin would be a nice to have.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or 4 years relevant experience in lieu of a degree
A giant in the Tech Industry, this company's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. This company is committed to continuing to make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything they do—from how they build their products to how they build their workforce. Consistently named one of Forbes top employers, this company works hard to attract, retain and progress the best Talent.
A career here gives you the opportunity to be part of something bigger:
Expanding Opportunity - Providing people with information, tools and services to help them build knowledge, fuel curiosity, and unlock opportunity.
Protecting Users - Keeping billions of people safer online.
Including all Voices - Building a world where progress, equitable outcomes, diversity, and inclusion can be realities both inside and outside our workplace.
Responding to Crisis - Helping those affected by crisis through products, people and partners.
Advancing Sustainability - Unifying practices, partnerships, and products around a single mission — to foster sustainability at scale.
Are you ready to join the journey?
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.