- Mountain View, CA; Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Ryan Lack
Note: The position can be based in Seattle, WA or Bay Area, CA. Expectation is 3 days/week in-office, the other 2 days work from anywhere. You may also be occasionally asked to conduct research in other places, and you’ll collaborate with team members in the Bay Area CA, Seattle, New York, Boulder, and other locations.
This is a new team with our client, focused on incubating early-stage AI/ML products in direct support of the company's core mission. We exist to help the company discover and create more new things. This position will primarily focus on user research for a new app where people can experience and give feedback on some of company's latest AI technologies. You’ll work in close partnership with our UX team and with cross-functional team members from engineering, PM, and more. Day to day activities will include supporting our UX research program in the collection and analysis of user data and insights for foundational and evaluative research.
- Conduct foundational research and literature reviews to examine assumptions and lay the groundwork for new products
- Plan, observe, and moderate concept testing sessions, interviews, and diary studies
- Coordinate user study logistics (collaborate with participant recruiters, schedule interviews and lab sessions, distribute incentives)
- Analyze and interpret both qualitative and quantitative data
- Synthesize insights and create research reports
- Communicate findings and recommendations to stakeholders
- B.A./B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S./M.Des./Ph.D. in Human Factors, HCI, Design, Product Development, Psychology, Anthropology, Linguistics, Computer Science, Social Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Experience with a range of qualitative research methods and analysis techniques
- Ability to translate research findings into actionable, persuasive insights for the product team
- Experience crafting and communicating research findings through appropriate means
- Detail-oriented; ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks
- Gets things done: Ability to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Graduate degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design, Product Development, Psychology, Computer Science, Anthropology, Linguistics, Social Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, including integrating user research into product design—e.g., in applied industry or in an innovation/design/product development consultancy; particularly relevant prior job titles include UX Researcher or Design Researcher, User-centered Design Strategist, User-centered Product Innovator, Design consultant
A giant in the Tech Industry, this company's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. This company is committed to continuing to make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything they do—from how they build their products to how they build their workforce. Consistently named one of Forbes top employers, this company works hard to attract, retain and progress the best Talent.
A career here gives you the opportunity to be part of something bigger:
Expanding Opportunity - Providing people with information, tools and services to help them build knowledge, fuel curiosity, and unlock opportunity.
Protecting Users - Keeping billions of people safer online.
Including all Voices - Building a world where progress, equitable outcomes, diversity, and inclusion can be realities both inside and outside our workplace.
Responding to Crisis - Helping those affected by crisis through products, people and partners.
Advancing Sustainability - Unifying practices, partnerships, and products around a single mission — to foster sustainability at scale.
Are you ready to join the journey?
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.