- Portland, OR
- Job Terms:
- $25-30+ benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shannah Dibb
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Assistant Manager of Affiliate Marketing will be hands-on, managing the day-to-day Affiliate Marketing and supporting the company's US business objectives to drive high quality traffic to the US web shop, with a clear focus on generating incremental revenue and ROI. This position will utilize Affiliate Marketing and Online Marketing expertise to develop a healthy and profitable channel focused on driving incremental sales. It is expected to contribute to global best practice guidelines and standards with original input from the key US market. This role will have a primary focus on eCommerce revenue and will also connect with Brand Marketing and other US based colleagues to fully exploit all opportunities in driving profitable incremental channel growth in the US. Together with the broader US eCommerce Marketing team and the Global Online Marketing team, this position will help position this team as a US based center of excellence, educating and supporting internal stakeholders.
• Manage day-to-day Affiliate Marketing activities with partners/networks to meet channel KPIs and customer acquisition goals, definition of the Affiliate Marketing calendar (closely aligned to the local Marketing Activation calendar) and optimization of the campaigns
• Responsible for top and bottom line growth of affiliate program to achieve incremental sales, ROI and total contribution goals. Manage a sizeable media budget.
• Manage day-to-day Affiliate Marketing internal operations to ensure timely activation, placement coordination, program term accuracy, and payments
• Establish long-term effective relationships with key affiliate publishers
• Proactively look for new opportunities with new or existing affiliate partners
• Work cross-functionally with Merchandising, Online Marketing, Marketing Activations and Analytics teams to create synergies and explore and exploit opportunities to tell the priority Brand stories, drive acquisition, and evolve the app space.
• Dig into channel data to drive testing, reporting, optimization and analysis on affiliate marketing performance to identify key levers and opportunities for improvements
• Contribute to the development of the US eCommerce affiliate marketing strategy
• Work closely with the Global Online Marketing team and the European Affiliate & B2B Managers in order to share best practices and apply learnings from other markets around the globe
• Work closely with the US Paid Search & SEO teams in order to avoid (PPC) fraud and SEO conflicts through the affiliate channel
• Analyze current processes continuously and seek opportunities to automate, where possible, to improve the efficiency of the affiliate channel
• KPIs: affiliate marketing incremental revenue and ROI
• adidas US eCom team, PDX Digital Marketing (all channels, especially paid and organic search), Merchandising, Marketing Activations and Analytics)
• Global eCommerce Online Marketing team, Amsterdam (especially affiliate marketing, paid search and SEO experts), Global Product Owners (incl. App teams).
• Affiliate network, affiliate agency and publishers
• Local US based Brand/Digital Marketing, SPOMA and EIM teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Creative in exploring new opportunities in order to drive more incremental sales through the affiliate marketing channel
• Brand enthusiast who understands where one should create online buzz
• Ability to effectively manage 3rd party external agencies & other partners
• A solid network in the affiliate marketing industry is beneficial
• Experience with web analytics and ad-serving platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and DoubleClick Campaign Manager).
• Analytical, logical and data driven
• Motivated by testing and learning, evolving and improving the channel, and building your own channel knowledge and experience
• An interest in exploiting technology (feeds, scripts and the like) to automate and scale key processes
• Experience and interest in managing and motivating others, both directly and indirectly
• An interest in working with internal stakeholders and external agencies to establish efficient and scalable processes
• Strong English language (written and verbal) communication skills
• Good relationship building skills; an ability to create rapport
• Strong time management, planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
• Advanced computer skills, proven experience in Excel
• Bachelor or Masters degree required, 3-5 years in ecommerce and 1-2 years online marketing experience (acquired either agency, network or client side)
• Affiliate marketing experience is beneficial, but not required. Strong analytical and commercial skills are the priority.
Our client strives to be the global leader in the sporting goods industry with brands built on a passion for sports and a sporting lifestyle. They are committed to continuously strengthening brands and products to improve their competitive position. Their strategic focus is on increasing brand credibility, elevating the experience for their consumers, and pushing the boundaries in sustainability. The execution of their strategy is enabled by a mindset of innovation across all dimensions of their business as well as their digital transformation.