- Redmond, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Marly Caro
Client is focused on creating the future of augmented and virtual reality solutions. As our technical research teams continue to evolve the next great wave of computing, the Integrated Experiences Research team brings together these new technologies with user experience design and research to increase the user value of future AR and VR systems.
The Integrated Experiences Research team is looking for a contingent UX Researcher to work in collaboration with our Audio, Graphics, Haptics, and Displays & Optics teams to help optimize multi-sensory displays and experiences.
Strong candidates will demonstrate a rigorous mixed-methods approach to UX research making it possible to uncover data and insights that guide the measurable advancement of human-centered multi-sensory experiences that are useful, usable, and desirable.
You will work with other UX researchers and cross-functional team members to push the boundaries of what is possible in AR/VR products. Ultimately, your research expertise and ingenuity must do more than contribute to knowledge - it must drive measurable, positive impact on the solutions and experiences Meta delivers for these new technologies.
- Design & conduct UX research to guide the development of novel multi-sensory AR and VR experiences leveraging a range of qualitative and quantitative UX research methods such as literature reviews, contextual interviews, usability testing, lab-based experimentation, and surveys.
- Translate research insights into actionable and measurable guidance that will inform implementation with cross functional partners
- Work closely with partners and stakeholders to influence development and integration of future AR/VR experiences and solutions
- Work closely with other UX researchers to design research plans and specific studies, as well as communicate findings with stakeholders and drive impact of the work.
- Independently complete research, including data collection, data analysis, reporting, collaborating with teams to act upon research results, and knowledge consolidation.
- MS in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Neuropsychology, Perceptual Psychology, or a UX related field
- 2+ years experience conducting applied qualitative and quantitative research in industry on consumer products
- 1+ years of working in cross-functional teams
- PhD in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Neuropsychology, Perceptual Psychology, or a UX-related field
- 2+ years of experience conducting UX research with AR/VR related technologies (e.g., HMDs, smart glasses, headphones, smart speakers, and more)
- Experience using psychophysical/psychoacoustic methods
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in tailoring messages to various stakeholders
- This position is based in Redmond, WA. Some travel required.
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.