- Seattle, WA (Remote)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Karson Gries
As a VFX Artist with The Pokémon Company International, you will work closely with the Art
Manager, Sr. VFX Artist, and the rest of the team with the primary responsibility of creating
gameplay VFX for use within our studio’s multi-platform games. Secondarily, your focus will be
on the implementation of VFX within the Unity engine with an eye towards optimization, visual
“polish”, and bug fixes.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Enjoys problem-solving and developing creative or technical solutions as they arise.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and able to communicate with both art and coding.
- Highly experienced and proficient with Maya or 3DS Max, Unity, Photoshop, and Perforce.
- Strong understanding of Unity’s particle system.
- Experienced with creating mesh for use as FX along with UV Mapping.
- Experience with mobile gaming pipelines and efficient management of poly counts, texture
memory, render calls, and other best practices.
- Passionate about games.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience working in an FX Artist role.
- A fondness for the Pokémon brand, characters, and the kid-friendly nature of the Pokémon