- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kallie Boruff Emanuel
Icon/Illustration Design Vendor – Developer Division Design
Icons and illustration design
• Produces icon designs and illustrations from concept to delivery in 2D, 2.5D, and hopefully 3D. Facilitates required processes and creates a variety of design documents including mood boards, storyboards, creative briefs, and redlines for a set of products, tools, and services.
• Experience with wireframes, task flows, user jobs, scenarios, and personas in support of interaction designs for software-based experiences.
• Estimates individual schedule(s) (e.g., time requirements) for work delivery. Collaborates with product owners and development team members to shepherd end-to-end experiences from concept to ship for products.
• Takes ownership of project processes, and actively participates in broader conversations that help shape cohesion across the company.
• Collaborates with and answers questions from Engineering to aid in successful design implementation and performs question-and-answer forums (QAs) to help them ensure "pixel perfect" or detailed designs. Develops an aptitude on limitations of what is implementable and begins to challenge limitations.
• Define, build, and manage icons and illustrations for a design system (e.g., content templates, web pages, form design, user-interface [UI] controls, navigation models). Shares learnings and collaborate with other designers to share education for team improvements.
Communication and Collaboration
• Conveys work to peers and managers within their studio team(s) so that the audience understands. Sets context for stakeholders. Helps organize communication with cross-disciplinary teams inside and across through all stages of design and development. Owns communication for what one is doing in a proactive way. Identifies which mode of communication should be used. Manages tonality, being respectful, inclusive, etc. Communicates for a project.
• Recognizes and communicates the user needs to team members and recommends ideas to create a compelling narrative for the product. Explores new and interesting ways of telling stories (e.g., video illustrations, sound).
• Facilitates fundamental tasks on projects with creative team members, program managers, and developers (e.g., the triad/quad) to define and iterate on new and existing product needs. Leverages the work of others. Contributes to the success of others.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.