- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jessica Dangott
We're a tight, cross-functional team of UX designers, researchers, visual designers and writers. We focus on the user, we move fast, we work closely as a team and we help each other out. PM and engineers look up to UX to shape the vision for our projects and own the experience for our customers.
Designer will be working closely with project design leads to support cross-functional initiatives and collaborate across teams at Google. You should be at your best when you’re creating excellent work that presents complex concepts simply and elegantly.
· Create UX research reporting templates that are aligned visually with the overall UX visual design
· Collaborate with UX researchers to create report decks that convey a compelling and organized story and are visually appealing
· Create frameworks, diagrams, and assets that visually highlight research concepts and findings
· Assist UX researchers with report creation by providing consultative feedback and design exploration on existing deck design
· Design a visually-branded set of templates for cross-functional communication (newsletters, emails, internal website design, etc.)
· Strategic Thinking
· Brand Strategy
· Graphic Design
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams to share information in a visually appealing and easy-to-understand manner
- Ability to create visual frameworks, diagrams, illustrations, infographics, and other assets to convey meaning and knowledge
- Strong storytelling skills- ability to create a compelling, coherent story and visualize data in a way that creates clarity and understanding
- Adept use of information hierarchy and communication design to embed throughout a story
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions
- A degree in relevant fields: information design, communication design, graphic design. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience
- Must be proficient with Google Apps (Slides, Docs, Sheets), Figma and Adobe Creative Suite, and have a portfolio which demonstrates a wide range of design styles that are brand appropriate and user-centered
- Excellent written and visual communication skills Creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience working with user or market research teams to create report templates and decks that convey information in an appealing way
- Visual design and communication design that demonstrates stylistic range and production quality detail
- Examples of illustrations, data visualizations, frameworks, and iconography
- Experience working closely with UX and product management teams in the tech industry.
- Ability to work independently as well as within team settings.