- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Marly Caro
The UX Research team is looking for Qualitative User Experience Research talents with hands-on experience conducting UX research ideally in a product environment.
As a User Experience Researcher in a growing team, you'll have the opportunity to work with other researchers and independently execute research activities. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent and detail-oriented, and have a track record in working independently. The UX Research team is a critical driving force behind gathering the users’ goals and needs, attitudes and emotions and then using them to inspire and inform design. Researcher is truly seen as a strategic partner on the team. You will collaborate closely with designers, product managers, engineers, and partners in other functions to create innovative solutions that users love to use.
· Work with product managers, designers, engineers, and other researchers (both qualitative and quantitative) to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
· Collect and analyze user behavior by leading “Wizard of Oz” studies, usability lab studies, surveys, field studies, in-the-wild studies, literature reviews, experiments, etc.
· Understand and incorporate technical and business requirements into research.
· Generate findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research.
· Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and presentations compellingly.
· Work with product teams to identify metrics for user experience, and track impact of product changes on these metrics.
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Science, Psychology, or other field emphasizing human behavior.
· At least 3 years experience in conducting user research ideally in the enterprise product environment.
· At least 1 year experience conducting user research with IT administrators
· Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
· Detail oriented, with experience independently planning, executing, and analyzing qualitative research projects.
· Ability to communicate complex research concisely and effectively to product stakeholders.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, collaboration and negotiation skills. Listening to others and humbleness are keys to success.
· Fluent in prioritizing and managing multiple projects. Flexibility in adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
· Experience conducting research in the enterprise domain such as workers and IT admins in companies.
· Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Science, Psychology, or a related field.
· Track record leading or executing research projects from start to end while involving stakeholders appropriately at each stage of the product lifecycle.
· Familiarity with computer operating systems from the technology perspective.
· Background with both qualitative and quantitative is a plus.
A giant in the Tech Industry, this company's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. This company is committed to continuing to to make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything they do—from how they build their products to how they build their workforce. Consistenly named one of Forbes top employers, this company works hard to attract, retain and progress the best Talent.
A career here gives you the opportunity to be part of something bigger:
>Expanding Opportunity - Providing people with information, tools and services to help them build knowledge, fuel curiosity, and unlock opportunity.
>Protecting Users - Keeping billions of people safer online.
>Including all Voices - Building a world where progress, equitable outcomes, diversity, and inclusion can be realities both inside and outside our workplace.
>Responding to Crisis - Helping those affected by crisis through products, people and partners.
>Advancing Sustainability - Unifying practices, partnerships, and products around a single mission — to foster sustainability at scale.
Are you ready to join the journey?
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.