- Portland, OR
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shannah Dibb
Our well known apparel client headquartered in Portland is looking for a Brand Communications Manager. This is a 12+ month W2 contract role that is 60% remote, 40% onsite.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
• Develop, manage and implement horizontal brand marketing campaigns and activations for key initiatives and/or categories with direct responsibilities for coordinating execution of event, digital, social and media tactics.
• Partner with Global to understand the global strategy, positioning and support plan for key concepts and influence the development of Global creative to ensure campaigns and tools are relevant within the US market
• Drive overall integrated Comms planning for key concepts and category initiatives, setting high level Communications goals and leading a cross functional team, including PR, In-store/Retail, Events, Product, Sports Marketing and Account Marketing in the development and implementation of campaign strategies and executional plans
• Support in strategic planning phase of the key Brand level program initiatives for the US in close collaboration with US Brand Communications and Activation teams.
• Assist in the development of execution plans and comprehensive program calendars to inform and align all brand and horizontal category U.S. Brand Comms activities.
• Responsible for the daily management of internal and external resources (agencies) in campaign briefings and execution.
• Maintain a deep operational relationship with U.S. Communication Category leads, Global Brand Communications and channel heads to ensure full coordination of program activities and compliance with comprehensive brand activation calendar.
• In partnership with relevant U.S. Brand Comms category leads, drive cross functional team process with Newsroom, digital, retail and event marketing specialists to ensure a consistent, consumer relevant message is brought to life across all key touchpoints.
• Manage consumer knowledge and competition knowledge tools and processes with internal and external partners.
• Partner with Account Marketing, Retail and eComm to understand and exploit retail opportunities and ensure Brand Marketing toolkits are relevant, actionable, impactful
• Coordinate campaign/activation recaps and post mortems, identifying and sharing key learnings, analytics delivery against KPIs and best practice sharing
Skills and Abilities:
• Relentless drive and commitment to win, working extremely well under pressure.
• Strategic, organized and solution-oriented with an attention to detail.
• Innovative creative thinker, contributor and source of inspiration.
• Self starter. Can independently initiate, prioritize and manage workload.
• Effective influencer and ability to drive consensus across multiple teams and stakeholders.
• Collaborative by nature. Able to partner with internal and external teams.
• Effective communicator to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to take complex + ambiguous information and provide clarity + direction.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), with an emphasis in Communications/Marketing/Business preferred, and 4 years sports or other product marketing or related experience in the Sporting Goods Industry
• Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree
Our client strives to be the global leader in the sporting goods industry with brands built on a passion for sports and a sporting lifestyle. They are committed to continuously strengthening brands and products to improve their competitive position. Their strategic focus is on increasing brand credibility, elevating the experience for their consumers, and pushing the boundaries in sustainability. The execution of their strategy is enabled by a mindset of innovation across all dimensions of their business as well as their digital transformation.