- Washington DC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Marly Caro
ONSITE FULL TIME
The main function of a Public Policy Coordinator is to track, research, develop and communicate stakeholder engagement strategies. To Support the Public Policy Manager in tracking research and development and to support team operations.
Public policy coordinator work internally to monitor and research current and relevant public policy issues. A typical public policy coordinator will support the policy program manager develop and manage engagement strategies for external 3rd party organizations and groups. Overall, will make sure the team is following up on action items required and keep on track on items provided by partners and can provide updates to team.
Ideal candidate will have experience supporting a team that manages external engagement with policy stakeholders.
• Support engagement with mainly 3rd party economic groups. Also: policymakers, trade associations, industry partners, key opinion formers, non-profit groups and others to contribute to the development of campaigns.
• Work cross-functionally with GBM, Comms and policy teams
• Monitor and research current and relevant emerging public policy issues and thought leaders
• Team ops, budget (internal process's and assisting with onboard needs and Manager needs), drafting brief's and internal correspondence, Data and reporting (tracking engagement, manager CRM use, contribute to internal reports).
• Bachelor’s Degree
• experience on a Policy stakeholder team preferred
• Experience supporting cross-functional policy campaigns domestically
Top 3 skills:
-Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with XFN partners/across teams
-Organizational: ability to manage many trackers and projects at a given time
-Writing: ability to write memos, emails, wrappers etc
- CRM Experience
-2-4 years experience: Focus on this and not too senior
Day to Day
-Support 3rd party/SMB/Non-profit and other advocacy leads on daily engagement with internal advocacy teams, which includes:
Coordinator for advocacy/policy actor meetings
-Support for event logistics and coordination
-Manage logistics/internal communication for additional 1:1 with policy actors, meetings, etc.
-Coordinate work streams and work across all advocacy efforts
-Informing priority engagements and activations
-Reviewing case study stories/one-pagers
-Review lists and identification for events
-Oversees/coordinate input in newsletter and additional pieces of content
-Tracks engagement in policy-oriented activations
-Tracks progress of requests
-Manages engagement with third-parties and recruitment
-Manage budget process and tracking (supplier onboarding, contracts, invoicing, etc.) for engagements with third parties
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.