- Forth Worth, TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
Our transportation client headquartered in Fort Worth, TX is looking for a Staff Writer/ Content Creator to write articles for their corporate blog! This role is 50% onsite in Fort Worth, TX.
What you’ll do:
- Write and produce content for publication on the online channels, with primary focus on writing articles for our corporate blog.
- Articles will convey a sense of the company’s services, values, culture and heritage to public audiences.
- Deploy approved articles to the website.
- Participate in planning and brainstorming sessions for online content calendar.
- Act as backup content creator for social media channels as needed, including writing social posts and taking or editing photos or videos.
- Create and distribute statistical reporting of online content’s performance as needed.
- Act as backup administrator for social channels, including responding to comments and private messages, updating or deleting content, etc. as needed.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a related field such as journalism, communications, public relations etc.
- Two or more years of experience writing and producing online content in a corporate, governmental, non-profit or agency environment.
- Strong online content portfolio required including long-form articles. Demonstrated writing, editing and interviewing skills..
- Understanding of web writing principles as opposed to print.
- Experience working diplomatically with internal clients and sources while maintaining corporate standards.
- Experience managing multiple projects on deadline and publishing to a schedule. This role will involve working on multiple articles simultaneously.
- Must be familiar with AP Style or commit to learning it.
- Availability to occasionally work extended hours or on weekends (this happens rarely).
- Proficiency with photo editing in Adobe Photoshop and some experience with a range of content creation tools (examples could include Canva, WeVideo, Premiere Rush, After Effects, Illustrator, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with at least one major social media management platform (examples could include Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Social Studio etc.) is a plus.
- Videography and video editing skills are a plus.
- Experience working with OpenText Teamsite platform is a plus.