- Boston or Remote
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
Aquent is looking for an Associate Digital Designer to mainly support our clients' day-to-day web and email design which is pretty templated and follows brand guidelines.
The Design team is responsible for developing assets for all marketing channels, including print, social, email, and web. In addition, the Associate Designer will collaborate with Agency team members and business partners to create design solutions that effectively drive sales and business initiatives.
This person will support the brand guidelines in their day-to-day work and clearly understand the customer. They will serve as a visual designer on various projects, providing input in initial brainstorming and collaborating with copywriters and developers through to final execution. The Associate Digital Designer must also understand the scope of each project request and how it impacts schedules, objectives, and deliverables. They must have a firm understanding of the steps of the creative process in building design solutions.
Skills / Qualifications
- Associates Degree from a creative/design or a related area; Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in advertising/marketing-focused design experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong online portfolio with examples of digital projects demonstrating creative thinking and execution
- Experience designing across multiple platforms and/or devices
- Ability to create design solutions through to final execution
- Strong project management skills and ability to move quickly and comfortably between multiple projects
- Must be motivated, highly organized, flexible during peak workload, detail-oriented
- Must have the flexibility to understand and apply feedback
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for generating design solutions for our print, social, web, and email channels.
- Support the brand guidelines in day-to-day work and clearly understand the audience.
- Collaborate with other Agency team members to understand execution dependencies to create executable solutions and experiences.
- Will need to be able to execute concepts, the fundamentals of information design hierarchy, wireframes, high-fidelity wireframes/Photoshop comps, and optimized graphics production.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure the creative execution maintains a robust and consistent look and feel.
- Actively participate in the creative kickoff meeting, provide expert recommendations, and present design concepts during creative reviews.
- Work closely with the account services team to balance client expectations, requirements, and schedules and ensure design solutions effectively communicate to drive business initiatives.
- Manage relationships with Agency peers and leads to gain knowledge of channels and overall design experience to produce the best possible design solution while remaining in the brand.
- Build relationships with business partners to ensure a complete understanding of the project request, business initiative, and desired communication.