- San Francisco, CA (HYBRID)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Michele Giella
Your role at:
As the D&I Communications Project Manager, you will be reporting into the Vice President Diversity &
Inclusion. In this exciting role, you will execute an integrated D&I Communication strategy and plan that
promote our client's D&I Heart Journey strategy and initiatives across business areas (HR, marketing,
merchandising, product assortment, etc.). In partnership with our internal and external Communication
teams, and D&I Task Forces, you will play a key role in developing and executing our D&I communication
tools, such as newsletters, infographics, videos, and D&I Reports. You will also partner with our ERG leads,
the Director of D&I for stores to ensure the successful execution of the communication plans for each of
our Heritage/Cultural Month programming.
In addition, you will:
D&I Messaging/Content writing
• Develops compelling D&I messaging and editorial content informed by meaningful insights from
our D&I team, Task Forces and ERG leaders. Collaborates with all D&I stakeholders to gather and
synthesize inputs and adjust language as needed for our D&I communication tools (newsletters,
infographics, videos, D&I hubs on our intranets, reports, training resources, etc.)
D&I Communication Strategy Support and Planning
• Supports the development of communications strategies promoting Sephora D&I Heart Journey
initiatives and our ERG activities across our offices, stores and distribution centers.
• Plans content strategy and Cultural/Heritage Month events, in collaboration with our ERG leaders,
and our internal and external communications teams.
Execution of D&I Communication Strategy
• Identifies, tracks progress on key D&I milestones achieved by our D&I Task Forces and our ERGs,
and develop messaging and materials (newsletter, quarterly reports, Intranet updates, etc.) after
engaging all stakeholders, and ensuring accuracy of information.
• Develops and manages project plan for Cultural/Heritage Month activities, in partnership with
Cultural/Heritage Month Planning Committee, ERG leaders, and our communication teams.
• Develops collateral materials (e.g., Infographics, FAQs, fact sheets, talking points, briefing
materials) for use as needed, and executive communications.
• Continuously keep D&I messaging, content and channels updated
• Excels at collaborating cross-functionally with various groups of stakeholders and individuals and
leverages that understanding for a successful execution of tasks and high-quality work in fast-
• Demonstrate with all our Sephora values of Respect for All, Teamwork, Innovation, Expertise,
Balance, Initiatives, and Passion for Client Service.
We’re excited about you if you have:
• 5 years minimum in Communications, D&I Communication, or related experience, or equivalentWe’re excited about you if you have:
• 5 years minimum in Communications, D&I Communication, or related experience, or equivalent
experience. Experience in event production or experiential marketing would be a plus.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Media Relations, Executive Communications,
Speechwriting, or related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, from distilling complex D&I topics and
translating them to simple and compelling messages, to drafting calls-to-actions and executive
• Excellent project management and organization skills, with exceptional attention to detail
• Demonstrated cultural competencies and understanding of D&I and socio-cultural issues
impacting the workforce, workplace and marketplace and ability to translate into compelling
• A leader’s spirit comfortable with highly collaborative environments with a strong passion for D&I
You’ll love working here because:
• The manifesto. Our client believes in championing all beauty, living with courage, and standing
fearlessly together to celebrate our differences. We will never stop building a community where
diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are welcomed, and you are included. We
belong to something beautiful.
• The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind
leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.