- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kendra Campbell
At Aquent's client, Global Business Marketing is the team tasked with sharing our mission-based story with brands, agencies and businesses around the world - AKA the best marketers in the world. Brand Systems is focused on the systematic scaling and implementation of all elements of the brand, meaning, voice, color, type and action with the goal of driving brand efficacy and purpose. We’re looking for a person with design and branding expertise who understands that brand consistency is not a set of rules to enforce but the means by which we make all the work more impactful. We need someone who can bring solutions and sees opportunity where others see impasse. Someone who can inspire and collaborate with the many stakeholders they will need to inspire and educate.
The cross-functional brand team is looking for an experienced editor to help update our brand across all touchpoints. The ideal candidate will be an experienced copy editor with a sharp eye and skill set on everything from line editing to proofreading. The ideal candidate should be able to explain edits and editorial concepts to non-editors and help bring consistency and cohesion to a wide range of content across the company. Must be comfortable working across formats (social, email, web, video) and working with a range of teams (marketing, content, certification, platforms).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years writing, copywriting or editing experience.
- Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills, especially using digital tools and formats.
- Excellent grammar and writing skills. High attention to detail.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle and prioritize multiple projects at once and turn things around quickly.
- Experience working collaboratively across cross-functional teams.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with terminology, style sheets, best practices, etc.
- Ability to exercise editorial judgment in situations where guidance would flex.
- Knowledge of AP Stylebook.
- Eligible to work in the US.
- Experience in understanding and implementing a corporate brand style guide, and helping others understand how to apply brand strategy concepts in their work.
- Experience in a governance role, understanding and explaining where a brand can flex and where it cannot.
- Ability to successfully work with a cross-functional team (marketing, strategy, content, etc.)
- Quick learner, with facility adapting to internal tools, systems and processes.
- General understanding of how digital marketing works.
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.