- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Saraya Kohloff
The Strategic Initiatives team’s mission is to transform our Selling Partner’s customer experience and operational processes by isolating our investments on the business capabilities we aim to offer our customers. We are responsible for delivering the delivering end-to-end, customer-focused solutions to enable over 2 million Selling Partners worldwide to manage and grow their business. Our org is foundational to the experience of our Selling Partners, managing the core infrastructure for Seller Central and Vendor Central including the site building features, accounts, and authorization models which fuel world class seller applications.
We are looking for an exceptional Technical Writer that has the ability to deliver best-in-class developer documentation alongside a team of software engineers, product managers, and user experience designers. As a technical writer, you will create and publish technical documentation for the client technology platform, including developer's guides and detailed API documentation. Successful past delivery of developer-oriented technical documentation for a programming platform is required. Must have experience writing documentation for APIs, SDKs, components, and tools. Your documentation will be used by internal software developers. This position requires precise documentation and clear communication and presentation skills, along with a solid understanding of software engineering.
In this role, you'll work directly with development teams in a cross-functional, distributed environment. The ideal candidate has technical background that enables easy interaction with software developers and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in engineering, we hope you are excited to learn about new areas and be able to articulate them through documentation. In addition, you will have excellent communication skills, and continuously improve existing documentation, based on customer feedback.
* Design, develop & deliver documentation for the Katal Design System & Web Development platform
* Develop content re-use and single-sourcing strategies
* Help evaluate and select tools and technologies for the engineering team
* 2-4 years in a writing or lead writing role
* Proven ability to work with developers and write for a developer audience
* Experience working with a programming language such as Java, C#, or C++ is essential
* Experience with a markup language such as HTML or XML
* Proven experience designing documentation for software APIs
* Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
* Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
* Experience with XML-based publishing systems
* Some experience with web services and related technologies a plus