- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kendra Campbell
Aquent's client is looking for a system designer / thinker, who will assist in moving their system libraries from one program to another. The ideal candidate will collaborate with a team of world-class multi-disciplinary designers where you will consult, govern and deliver component specifications to support our product design systems and other devices. Ideally, this candidate will demonstrate a strong eye for design, attention to detail, while also understanding the technical requirements to bridge the gap between design and engineering. You will bring a systematic and scaleable design approach to your work, considering how best to deliver component libraries, layouts, illustrations and icons that scale across numerous platforms and products.
* Lead the design of a design system with responsive components by using variants, tokens, and other organizing principles
* Work with designers and engineers across multiple products to develop an implementation strategy and timeline for introducing components and standards
* Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
* Work with designers to identify opportunities for unifying designs across products
* Create and maintain documentation describing the standards and best practices of our component library as a reference for designers and developers
* Build a flexible, reusable component structure that is suitable for both designers and developers
* Implement and maintain processes for scaling, updating, managing various parts of a design system
You must be proactive, creative, flexible, resilient, and able to handle high levels of complexity and ambiguity. You will champion a design system and invent and simplify a set of mechanisms, building blocks and tools that empower designers and engineers building the future experiences for our device family. Customer obsession is at the core of all of our design decisions. We dive deep with product managers, designers, and engineers from various domains to learn how they are serving their customers. We work cross functionally to craft scalable, cohesive, and usable solutions for our customers. The team makes strategic decisions that allow partners to take action, move quickly, take ownership and deliver results. We earn the trust of others to foster an environment of inclusion and openness, allowing everyone to do their best everyday.
* Bachelor's degree in UX Design or related design discipline.
* Minimum of 3 years of professional experience designing digital products, system design, user experience
* Innovative drive and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
* Multiplatform consumer product design experience
* A solid understanding of existing design systems such as Material design, and Fluent Design
* Strong attention to detail, and a passion for building quality products
* Collaborate with peers in and out of the discipline
* Strong ability to work within a defined design system and style
* Strong visual design sensibility
* Ability to constructively critique design
* Passionate about solving large-scale customer problems
* Strong problem-solving and organization skills
* A positive, constructive can-do attitude
* The ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
* An obsession with digital trends and design
* A clean design aesthetic and the ability to simplify the complex
* Some technical background is a strong plus
* Experience working with engineers to create code compliant UI assets that meet the specific needs of target platforms
* Extensive experience with building, and maintaining design systems in Figma
* Experience building web and/or mobile apps with technologies such as Android, iOS, React Native, and HTML/CSS
* Knowledge of accessibility principles and requirements
* Excellent people, project, and time management skills
* Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Prototyping experience
* Motion graphic experience
* Adobe Creative Suite
* Mac/PC compatible
Want to work for one of the fastest growing and most admired companies in the world?
Founded in 1995 this client of Aquent’s has grown to one of the largest tech companies in the world. Driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way their customers live their lives and run their businesses. Come join them and work in a place that values innovation, creativity and leadership.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.