- Boston, MA (remote)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
Aquent has an EXCITING opportunity for a Lead Product Designer!
JUNIOR CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED - must have a minimum of 5-years experience
While this position is 100% remote, our client is preferring candidates come from certain locations: (Remote: EST time zone hours)
- Boston, MA
- New York, NY
- Atlanta, GA
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Florham Park, NJ
In order to be considered for this opportunity you must:
- Be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship at any point during the assignment
- Be able to work Eastern Time Zone hours
- Be able to showcase your work thru an online website and must include at least 2 Case Studies
As a Lead UX Designer, you will be an integral part of an innovative and bold initiative that takes a modern approach of disciplined agile and lean software practices aimed at transforming healthcare and pharmacy. The Lead UX Designer is essential to ensuring product success and end-user satisfaction in a highly collaborative environment that follows Agile methodology. The Lead UX Designer position is responsible for leading the design effort by making informed decisions for product development as part of small, cross-functional product teams. You will need a firm understanding of user-centered design principles and user research methodologies is crucial for success in the role. Empathy, creative problem-solving comfort with uncertainty, pairing with team members, excellent communication skills, curiosity and learning are the foundational characteristics of the
Lead UX Designer include:
• Solve the right problem through the understanding of user needs in order to deliver new or improved products and services that have real impact
• Bring a lean/iterative mindset; be open to having conversations over documentation
• Full-stack designer: assist with all dimensions of design – research, usability evaluation, information architecture, wireframes, visual, CSS and HTML – it’s ok not be an expert in all, as long as you are open and want to learn
• Ability to mentor, coach and guide other designers in an XP lab (this is an individual contributor role with leadership responsibilities)
• Work with cross-functional teams and pair with everyone – other designers, product managers, and product engineers
• Embrace an agile mindset: be willing to adapt and experiment with design process
• 5-7+ years’ professional experience in an UX architect or UX design role.
Related degree preferred (e.g., HCI, Psychology, Fine Arts)
• 5+ years’ experience in at least one of the 3 design pillars: user research, interaction design or visual design.
• 3+ years of working effectively with Agile and lean philosophies
• 5+ years’ experience working independently with clients or stakeholder and designing business or enterprise applications
• 5+ years’ experience executing user-centered design methodologies by leading product design decisions from research through implementation
• 5+ years’ experience working in design and prototyping software tools such as Axure, InVision or Sketch
• 1+ year of experience with modern front-end technologies and open source frameworks (e.g. Material Design, HTML/CSS, grid systems, responsive design) Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with UX design advocacy within large business and technology organizations
• Experience with enabling others in user centered design best practices
• Experience with user research methodologies and ability to train others
• Experience working in the pharmacy or healthcare industries is a real plus!
• Experience with cloud-based technology platforms Education
• Bachelor's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Fine Arts, Computer Science or Similar. Equivalent years of experience in lieu of degree considered
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy