- Remote (West Coast Preferred)
- Job Terms:
- $60/hr (max) + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jessica Dangott
In this role you will be responsible for designing next generation experiences for customer service contact handling. You will be designing experiences that enable customer service agents to efficiently resolve our customer’s issues. You are a UX Designer with strong user interface design skills, and a desire to go deep in understanding customer needs then applying these insights to everything you do. You are able to focus on big picture initiatives while also identifying and addressing crucial details. You are a systems-oriented thinker, who is happiest when solving ambiguous and multi-faceted problems. You love the challenge of simplifying highly technical problems in elegant ways that make customer experiences effortless and intuitive.
As a UX Designer, you will design interfaces that leverage the latest machine learning capabilities aimed to help customers solve their problems. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class experiences (user interface designs, user flows, interaction models, lightweight prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. You will work closely with product management, engineering, and the UX team to successfully go from early-stage product concepts to launch. You are a pragmatic designer who can translate business needs into an effortless and intuitive customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease visualizing an experience in the abstract and then being able to drive that vision into solid design deliverables anchored with user data.
* Analyze user interface problems and create design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
* Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, telemetry data, A/B data, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities, and usability findings
* Work closely with the business team to develop use cases and high-level requirements
* Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flows for browser-based and device specific screen sizes
* Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
* Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
* Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
· 5+ years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role.
· A portfolio or work samples demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions that solve customer problems
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences at varying levels of the organization
· Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
· Fluency in best practices for design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· Proficiency in Figma
· A relentless customer focus
· Experience defining and maintaining design patterns and UX standards
· Experience with agile/scrum
· Demonstrated interaction design expertise; capacity for creating natural, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
· Ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative, agile environment
· A master’s degree in Design, Information Science, Computer Science/HCI, or a design-related discipline such cognitive psychology.
· Proficiency with current web and accessibility standards