- Seattle, WA; Remote
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Andrew Banister
The Client Gaming team (located in Seattle) is looking for a qualitative or mixed methods researcher with experience on evaluating and validating new gaming experiences. The Client Games team's mission is to build the world's community for gamers. We build tools to help people find, play in, create, and build gaming communities. The research questions we are working on include what gaming activities do people want to do on the product, how do we create safe and inclusive game communities, what tools do we build to support game creators/streamers and players, how do you design the game mechanics for casual games for groups of gamers, and what makes gaming activities fun on the product. The team is passionate, highly collaborative and deeply engaged with research and our research team.
The person in this role will conduct remote, tactical research throughout the product lifecycle and move product concepts through the product development funnel and bring them to market. This may include:
• Investigate ways to improve the end-user interaction with computer programs to increase satisfaction and overall use.
• Create reports based on market trends and user surveys, analyze the information and report observations to the gaming team.
• Conduct usability and content testing to drive good user experiences.
• Work with other researchers and internal teams to form a cohesive user experience platform.
• Conduct concept testing interviews or focus groups and gather results for future versions of the product or service.
• Create user scenarios and stories to coordinate with other teams.
You don't need to be a gamer, just have an interest in gamer behavior and psychology, and the dynamics and needs of communities.
Qualitative User Research (Interviews & Usability Testing)
• MA/MS in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics. Without the MA, you can have a BA of HCI with 1-4 yrs High Tech Industry Experience.
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.