- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Frank Penalver
Our client, NRG, is seeking a Database Marketing Analyst for a 6 month contract that will most likely extend past the 6 months.
This position is responsible for the development and creation of marketing campaign populations for retail direct marketing initiatives to residential and small business customers and prospects. Working closely with Marketing, the position is responsible for understanding the marketing requirements, developing and extracting the target population, and formatting the information for campaign execution.
• The Analyst will work with marketing teams (segment, channel, campaign execution) to take list requirements and produce accurate and timely campaign lists per the specifications provided to the DBME team.
• Develop campaign populations for targeted marketing campaigns for multiple marketing channels
• Collaborate with Segment Marketing to understand and document campaign list requirements as defined by Segment Marketing as well as coordinate with Channel Marketing to ensure delivery and issue resolution of any campaign population issues during delivery and execution
• Seek guidance on and get direction for complex solutions to DBME tasks and activities
• Provide campaign population insights
• Interact and coordinate with Marketing Analytics which involves passing data back and forth between the groups
• Serve as key contact point to segment marketing and channel marketing
• Set coding and development standards for the group to ensure consistency across all campaigns.
• Serve as overall quality assurance lead for campaign development work
• Having at least 2 years of SAS experience is a must
• Have a solid foundation and understanding of Unix AIX operating systems, and a good understanding of Oracle functions and sql tools such as TOAD
• Knowledge of the utility and/or deregulated energy industry and/or TX SET protocols is preferred. Good understanding of the Texas utility market.
• Hard working, dependable and a team player
• Be open to change, work towards process improvement, automating manual tasks and eliminating waste
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Computer Science or a quantitative science from an accredited four-year college or university preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent SQL and relational database skills
• Outstanding SAS or other statistical and data analysis tool skills
• Strong UNIX and Windows environment skills
• Data manipulation, preparation, and presentation skills
• Microsoft Office proficiency, particularly Excel and Access
• Familiarity with marketing campaign concepts and customer segmentation
• Experience with campaign management tools preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Track record of on-time delivery of campaign and project deliverables
• Thorough understanding of direct marketing and campaign management concepts
• Demonstrate high degree of ethics and strong sense of business judgment: ability to operate within NRG’s STRIVE values.
Our client is an award winning power company that provides reliable services to millions of customers using diverse energy resources. With customers and employees at the center of everything they do, they've actively been working toward net-zero emissions by 2050 to provide a better planet for you and I! Ambitious and eco-friendly, WOW! By using diverse generation sources combined with new digital technologies and tools, they've successfully evolved the power market by becoming "the" powerhouse. This company is ever evolving--becoming smarter, more sustainable, and more reliable for businesses and residents across the country.
Continuous innovation means continuous creative thinking...this is where you come in! We are searching for creative thinkers AND doers. Previous talent we've placed here speak so highly of the supportive teams and skills they've been exposed to! Our client is proud to be leading the transformation in the energy industry and hopes you'll join them.
Working with AQUENT provides you access to some pretty awesome perks:
- Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits, and Access to Fidelity 401(k) with Matching!
- FSA Program
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You'll be set-up for success!
- Free Continued Learning: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Compare our benefits to other agencies, here: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
- Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM