- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Andrew Banister
– Plan and execute rigorous end-to-end custom primary research using the right methodology (esp. qualitative methods), and partner with Data Science to distil data-informed UX recommendations.
– Work closely with cross-functional partners (Product Management, Product Design, Engineering) and other researchers in refining research approaches and making insights-based product recommendations.
– Deliver actionable research insights that make our product experiences measurably better.
– Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways to a broad and diverse audience, and across organisational boundaries.
– Master in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or Political Science or related fields.
–8- 10+ yrs of experience conducting qualitative user experience research in a corporate environment, including concept-testing, usability, interviews, diary studies, contextual inquiry/observations, ethnography.
– Experience with remote and in-person research.
– Strong influencing skills with experience conveying research findings and implications to diverse audiences (incl. diverse functions, seniority, and through different research artefacts).
– Impeccable research rigour and ability to deliver polished outputs in speech and writing.
– Analytical, project management, and problem-solving experience.
– Experience with autonomy and independent execution. Ability to see projects through.
– Experience working in-house in an at-least a medium-sized company (10k employees).
– Enthusiasm for and experience in working on internal tools and enterprise software.
– Working with backend corporate functions (e.g., Finance, HR, Compliance, IT backend).
– Some experience working in management consulting or other roles that are about analysing and improving organisational setups.
– Ph.D. in an empirical discipline.
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.