- Remote in Baltimore, MD; Houston, TX; San Diego, CA; Boston, MA; Los Angeles
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kendra Campbell
Aquent's is looking for a Creative Copywriter to join their Communications Social creative team, supporting creative and caption writing for content posted to social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) and press assets.
We believe copywriting from an authentic Gen Z perspective is a key component of culturally relevant storytelling on projects's social channels and is key to infusing our products and features with culture. Project's Social team is a collaborative, fluid, quick-moving group leveraging data and insights to create best-in-class social media content and we are seeking a clever and expressive writer to bring fresh ideas to the team.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, conceptual storyteller with outstanding copywriting skills. This person should have a strong interest in social media and 18-24 youth culture (think fashion, entertainment, technology and music). They should be comfortable working at a variety of altitudes, including developing high level concepts/narratives and overseeing agency partners through completion of creative execution, hands-on crafting of creative copy for social media assets and captions, and collaboration with internal team members for ongoing content series. This candidate should also be comfortable working across many digital platforms with multiple teams.
- Contributes to creative concepting and drives copywriting for bespoke assets.
- Partners with internal creative team and external agencies to manage creative insights and develop creative concepts.
- Writes copy for scripts, messaging, creative, captions and press assets.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with members of the Communications and Social teams.
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully.
- Meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward.
- Develop new creative concepts and content series for social.
- Adept at creating concepts and reinventing concepts to continuously support the brand.
- Expert knowledge in developing concepts that are relevant to, and that resonate with, the target audience.
- Ability to support their ideas visually, with type and design that work together seamlessly.
- Ability to write according to brand and voice.
- Ability to work on multiple projects from concept to finish.
- Understands the components of relevance - right message, right place, right time.
- Creative-thinker and has strong command of the English language.
- 4-7+ years of experience working professionally as a copywriter in social media or advertising, with direct brand or agency experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience writing fresh, culturally relevant editorial copy for unique bespoke content and social media campaigns.
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work specifically related to social (include link on your resume or attach writing samples to resume if no portfolio).
- Portfolio exhibits both conceptual experience and writing craftsmanship with multiple examples of writing for the Gen Z demographic.
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.