- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kendra Campbell
Are you a creative, self-directed, and experienced enterprise UX Designer looking to lead product design in a complex product ecosystem? Do you yearn to contribute to something larger than yourself? This is a great opportunity to join a UX team that continues to raise the bar in design practices in the enterprise global logistics space. Success and scale bring broad responsibility.
The design team of Aquent's client is a critical partner to help client business and engineering teams envision the ideal operation and booking experience for customers in the global logistics space. Our job is to design efficient and effective user journeys, workflows, and experiences for productivity applications that will drive the future of global logistics operations. We strive to acquire deeper knowledge of (1) our customers, (2) product data, (3) industry, (4) and design trends.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, design reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
* Create effective and intuitive user experiences by incorporating user insights, business requirements and technical constraints.
* Lead the planning and strategic phases of a project. Proactively pitch new ideas, backed by a strong, well-articulated rationale.
* Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups with detailed visual design specifications for web and mobile interfaces throughout the design process.
* Independently deliver UX solutions for problems of large scope and complexity. Work through ambiguity, and adapt your approach to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
* Be a champion for user-centered design by testing your solutions in front of users. Be willing to build lightweight prototype, conduct scrappy and quick user testing on your own.
* Present design work to UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership.
* Contribute to user experience design guidelines and development best practices and standards.
* Proactively mentor and lead other designers.
*A day in the life*
UX Designers at this client drive projects through a user centered design process. This requires leading cross-functional teams through 4 design phases: 1) Kick Off: to gather design requirements, 2) Dive-Deep: to understand problem space and opportunities, 3) Sign-Off: to articulate design decisions and share final mockups, 4) Fit-And-Finish: to share any changes of the design plan during implementation. Each day is different. You could be running a workshop to bring stakeholders together, talking to customers or researching industry patterns for formative work, talking to users to understand their journey or persona, or creating mockups to articulate design decisions.
* 6+ years of industry experience as a UX Designer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect, or similar UX-related role.
* An available online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience in user-centered design solutions and product design innovation.
* Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree or professional experience.
* Experience using design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, Framer, Azure, and the Adobe Creative Suite; command of technologies (web, Android, iOS, etc.).
* Experience working with writing or contributing to design systems or design pattern library.
* Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps.
* A strong track record of iterative design, working directly with product managers and developers for implementation of designs.
* Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
* Experience with UX design of complex workflows for technical customers and/or experience in delivering design solutions for projects of large scope and complexity.
* Experience in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
* Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Exceptional problem-solving abilities and solid design instincts who can translate user and business needs into solutions.
* Experience solving for multi-platform UX challenges and scalable, user-friendly design solutions.Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
* Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Want to work for one of the fastest growing and most admired companies in the world?
Founded in 1995 this client of Aquent’s has grown to one of the largest tech companies in the world. Driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way their customers live their lives and run their businesses. Come join them and work in a place that values innovation, creativity and leadership.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.