- Remote or can be hybrid in Washington, D.C.
- Job Terms:
- $27/hr + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kendra Campbell
Aquent's client is seeking a Production Editor with a background in book publishing to support multiple projects on the team. This person must have experience with House/Publisher Style guides as well as familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style. The ideal candidate will be skilled in production editing, copy editing, book manuscripts, page checking, checking corrections, proofreading, index and checking table of contents. The Production Editor manages the editorial production of approximately 20 frontlist titles and 250 reprints a year.
- Manage the editorial production of frontlist titles from manuscript to bound book. Oversee the copyediting, proofreading, and indexing of all new books, including hiring freelancers and reviewing their work. Resolve editorial queries; ensure text is consistent with the client's style and editorial standards. Prepare manuscripts for handoff to Design. Coordinate schedules with freelancers, editors, and designers. Enter editorial corrections in design files. Review all stages of interiors and covers, routing among the team as appropriate, and work closely with editors and designers to identify and correct editorial and design problems as needed.
- Manage editorial activities for book reprints and special sales titles. Evaluate reprinting titles for previously noted corrections, as well as essential design/style updates. Work with design production assistants to correct all affected pages on schedule. Maintain notes on updates made to each title, for reference on future reprints.
- Review and proofread marketing and promotional materials
- At least three years of book production editorial experience.
- Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills; familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style.
- Facility with Microsoft Word, including editing tools like track changes, and Acrobat.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work well under pressure, and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working with Mac computers.
- Bachelor's Degree
This legendary company has entertained, informed and inspired people around the globe for over 90 years. Named one of Forbes top companies to work for year over year, this is where dreams really do come true.
Whether you’re looking to create, support business growth and development, work behind-the-scenes on your favorite TV shows or upcoming movies, or anything in-between, this is your opportunity to start the next chapter of your career story and help create the exhilarating experiences this company is known for worldwide.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.