- Los Angeles - Remote anywhere USA
- Job Terms:
- $60 - 70/hr
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Stephen Charles-Kendall
Our mobile games client is looking for a smart & imaginative Senior UX Designer with mobile game development experience, that thrives in an agile environment. The right fit is someone who enjoys creative problem solving, learning new technologies, loves gaming & collaborating and taking ownership & pride in the work that they do. We are a small collaborative team and each member wears multiple hats to keep things fresh and interesting!
- Preparing and designing of all facets of the User Interface design including: mockups, wireframes, icons, animations, UI style guides, general art and documentation. The focus would be UX design over UI Art.
- Designing high-quality experiences and user flows across apps and web.
- Create user-centered UX designs and best practices working with our design team
- Creating & optimizing UX/UI solutions for new features, core game flow, and anything UX design related. An in-depth knowledge about the latest design trends and technologies is a must!
- Design mock-ups/iterations using Photoshop, and Illustrator focused on UI and gameflow.
- Creating appealing, user friendly, innovative and crisp 2D game assets with a focus on usability and freemium best-practices in the mobile mid-core to casual game styles.
- Create clear and attractive messaging, buttons, icons, widgets, and other UI elements which work well within tight fixed aspect ratios, and with a wide variety of game themes from cheerful and casual
- Collaborate with the UI lead to provide UI style guides for new titles to ensure product consistency.
- Work with engineering to ensure artwork is accurately and consistently represented in the game.
- Mentor other artists and team members when it comes to
- 5+ years practical art/design experience working in interactive media and/or mobile games. Mobile F2P experience is a big plus!
- Graphic design skills: sketching, wireframing and storyboarding abilities on paper and screen.
- Communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively
- You have strong knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Hungry for innovation, eager to challenge the status quo
- You have the ability to design within brand guides and contribute to design language
- Solid understanding of UI design best practices and interaction design fundamentals.
- A strong understanding of UI conventions and challenges for the mobile and other emerging platforms.
- Ability to translate flowcharts and wireframes into fun, usable, visually polished UI systems.
- Strong desire to collaborate with producers and designers outlining player flows and wireframes.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop; strong skills in Illustrator & After Effects.
- Previous experience with motion graphics, compositing and special effects is a plus.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills: verbal, written and visual.
- Ability to produce high quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solutions.
- Strong passion for gaming.
- Experience working on consumer websites focused on virtual goods is a plus.
- Other drawing, illustration and 3D skills a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Graphic Design/Fine Arts or Illustration is preferred.
- 5-10+ years of experience in illustration, graphic design, concept art.