- Hybrid in NYC
- Job Terms:
- $80,000 - $110,000
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Robin Legator
EXCITING PRODUCT UI DESIGNER OPPORTUNITY
Our client, a growing digital bank, is looking for a Product UI Designer to understand business requirements and technical limitations, and will be responsible for contributing to user research and creating sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and high-fidelity prototypes. The Product UI Designer will support Design Leadership in designing the overall look, feel, layout, interface and functionality of their suite of digital products, in order to ensure a best-in-class user experience, and will continue to iterate in accordance with user-testing insights and internal business drivers.
** Please note that this position is a hybrid remote OR in-office position, based in New York, NY office.**
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to lead the definition and implementation of solutions for product direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design and user interface stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Support ideation sessions between diverse groups to properly frame complex problems.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers and then translate into design deliverables.
- Translate complex business requirements into storyboards, detailed user flows, wireframes, visual design mockups, process flows and sitemaps to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Create mock-ups and prototypes to support user research and communicate interaction and design ideas and direction.
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets.
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields.
- Develop and maintain detailed product design documentation.
- Support the presentation and defense of designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are properly implemented.
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback and testing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3+ years in UX field with an emphasis on interaction design for web and mobile apps.
- Proven UI experience with a strong design portfolio.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Ability to quickly visualize concepts for solutions for transactional services for consumer or business clients.
- Working knowledge of HTML / CSS for email mock-ups and rapid prototyping.
- Experience in supporting usability studies and analyzing research results.
- Ability to collaborate with front end developers and engineers.
- Extensive Knowledge of wireframe and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Adobe Xd, InVision).
- Up-to-date knowledge of traditional design software (e.g., Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.)
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.