- San Francisco, CA; Remote
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Caitlin Bair
We are looking for a global lifecycle marketing manager to join our fast-growing team of talented and collaborative marketing professionals within our integrated marketing function. We’re looking for a highly-motivated marketer who is ready to drive the strategy and execution of digital lifecycle campaigns - including lead nurturing; opportunity acceleration; and customer onboarding, up-sell and cross-sell – through email and other channels.
You’ll partner with colleagues from across the globe within demand gen, product marketing, insights, business development, channel sales and customer success functions to build the strategy of the lifecycle campaigns, while collaborating with marketing operations on execution, performance tracking and optimizations. You’ll also be the subject matter expert for the integrated marketing team on best practices for email marketing, as well as be the driving force behind our database segmentation strategies and digital data compliance initiatives.
The lifecycle program is a high profile, strategic component of our overall GTM strategy that is key to ensuring the company meets its aggressive growth goals. It requires a highly collaborative, driven B2B SaaS marketer that wants to be a part of building something truly exceptional.
- Help develop the overall lifecycle communications strategy to increase engagement across the full customer journey, including lead nurturing, opportunity acceleration, and customer onboarding, up-sells and cross-sells
- Coordinate deliverables, including establishing deadlines and aligning with editorial calendars, to support nurture campaigns for monthly, one-off and cadenced communication
- Continuously optimize content, timing, and cadence of lifecycle communications to improve user experiences and drive business goals.
- Develop a deep understanding of your audiences and their needs. You will be a key stakeholder in our organization's ongoing collection and interpretation of meaningful customer insights from cross-functional research and design teams.
- Assist with personalization efforts & work closely with business partners and translate the vision into actionable campaigns.
- Work cross functionally with the content and digital marketing teams to identify, test, and optimize for the best performing content at each stage of the funnel across all marketing channels.
- Measure the effectiveness of campaigns (with support from operations & analytics) and conduct A/B testing to continuously optimize email programs.
- Build great partnerships with product marketing, channel sales, marketing automation and ops, market research & customer success.
- 5+ years total experience in B2B, and 3+ years of email marketing, lifecycle marketing, or retention marketing experience
- Ability to think creatively while making decisions based on data
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data into actionable insights about the customer, the channel, and the business.
- Experience leveraging digital analytics and insights to inform audience segmentation/ engagement and campaign decisions
- Ability drive projects through from conception to completion
- Experience with CRM tools, preferably Marketo
- Experience designing emails using an ESP
- A/B testing skills: A/B testing your subject lines, email copy and CTAs is key to ensuring your campaigns have the best open and click-through rates –– which ultimately lead to a better conversion rate.
- Copywriting skills: One of the most important skills for an email marketing expert is knowing how to write copy that converts. You will have agency support, but you need to know good content when you see it, and be able to draft your own in a pinch.
- Segmentation, automation and tool integration know-how: Understanding how to segment your email lists and deliver relevant drip campaigns based on data (sometimes pulled from other tools or marketing platforms) is critical to creating a well-oiled nurture machine that converts.
- Customer journey knowledge: lifecycle marketing managers need to have a good understanding of the customer journey and sales funnel. Understanding where prospects or customers are in the funnel and what type of email sequences they need to create to move subscribers further down the funnel or increase retention is a key component of email marketing.
- Campaign ideation: The best email marketers aren’t just great at the technical implementation and segmentation. They can also brainstorm and ideate on what might make the most sense to send to various customers to get them to take action.
- Expertise in email best practices and customer database management
- Experience in harnessing technology for programmatic personalization at scale, utilizing tools like machine-learning, analytics, and behavioral data to improve customer relevancy
- Knowledge of CANSPAM, GDPR, CCPA, and other regulatory regulations that impact communications to global audiences.
- Knowledge of HTML
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.