- Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Houston, TX; San Diego, CA; Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Marly Caro
In this role, you will partner with internal teams and agency partners to develop and implement community strategies, content and moderation tactics, and represent our team in ways that keep our community hyped and engaged. You'll be a critical member of a multi-disciplinary team contributing to our efforts supporting our community and encouraging growth.
The Community Engagement Manager will support the community strategy while working with project representatives and stakeholders across the company (sales, marketing, customer experience, support, customer success, and other partners) along with content curators and users across the community. You’ll be working with our community help and education teams, along with support teams to provide a complete community experience for our users.
You will engage with stakeholders to consult on their community needs and establish relationships to strengthen communication, alignment, and trust. You will support users so they feel informed and enable them to quickly find help and belonging. You will ensure that policies and processes are known and implemented throughout the day-to-day actions of all users. You will work hands-on with our community platforms to build value, trust, and influence behavior on the community.
You are empathetic, inclusive, and collaborative. You have successfully managed and executed virtual community events, bonus points for live, in-person or virtual reality based events. You’re an excellent online communicator, facilitator, and coordinator. You enjoy being a leader within communities and moderating/resolving issues when applicable. And on top of that, you enjoy working with teams and believe diversity is the key to get the best answers.
You understand the motivations that drive members to participate and enjoy finding engaging ways to connect people. You’re comfortable as a community subject matter expert and have strong organizational, coordination and project management skills. You have a knack for details and can create order out of chaos, translating stakeholder desired outcomes into measurable engagements, and making recommendations.
- Manage, oversee, and expand community forums projects, strategies, and tactics that create a cohesive community identity and cultivate high-quality user engagement
- Execute the engagement strategy to include, but not limited to, virtual member events, discussion forums, ad-hoc community-related projects, etc.
- Collect, analyze, and share community-related data with relevant stakeholders, including tracking, quantifying, and communicating campaign results
- Work hand-in-hand with the stakeholders, and community inbound engagement specialists to drive desired outcomes
- Develop calendar/roadmap for community engagement projects/programs
- Manage gamification strategies
- Develop and improve on existing frameworks, work processes and standardized templates related to various stages of target company community integration and due diligence.
- Advocate for and represent the needs of community members to stakeholders to ensure they’re heard and addressed
- Measurement, Benchmarking & Reporting
- Synthesizing results and Consulting
- Selling, Influencing & Evangelizing, Presentation, Facilitation
- Plan community programs designed to generate value
- Data Collection & Analysis
Engagement & People Skills:
- Monitor and listen to understand member and stakeholder needs
- Test engagement techniques in order to boost participation
- Collaborate with teams across the business to incorporate community strategy
- Facilitate enablement sessions for community engagement playbooks
- Advocate for and build support for Community
- Develop and test community engagement programs
- Analyze and present community data that addresses stakeholder needs
The ideal candidate has 5-7 years of community experience. They have a clear perspective for how to optimize and measure community performance and are subject matter experts. They have strong analytical and technical skills and are good decision-makers and communicators.
- 5-7 + years experience in community member engagement strategies
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to establish credibility on the subject matter with key customer stakeholders at all levels
- Familiar with community, social media culture, analytics, and content management
- Experienced in engaging, consulting, and making recommendations to stakeholders
- Validated understanding of customer support principles
- Superb communication skills, and the ability to adjust tone and voice
- Ability to work cross-functionally and independently
- Operational-level knowledge of community platform tools
- Enterprise B2B consultancy experience
- Customer service experience
- Khoros Community platform experience
- Virtual reality experience
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.