- Owings Mills, MD
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chris Woodbridge
Our large investment client in Baltimore is is looking for a strong Content Graphic Designer for a long term role.
The Content Graphic Designer is responsible for the layout, production and design of content (both ongoing ad
hoc and monthly/quarterly repeatables) with high exposure across global business segments. Production
responsibilities focus on layout/design of low to medium complexity content templates, including content with
embedded charts, graphs, visuals and infographics, etc. Production also includes implementing Proofreading and
Legal based content edits prior to final publication.
▪ Repeatable and ad hoc collateral development and design:
o Supports the day-to-day production of intellectual capital (thought leadership) content from initial layout,
through editorial, proofreading, legal based updates, to final approved output for distribution.
o Content includes regular monthly/Quarterly repeatables along with ongoing ad hoc pieces that support
content programs, marketing campaigns and market event/market volatility updates.
o Develops graphs/charts incorporated into standardized content templates as part of ongoing content
production that bring content to life through storytelling (charts, data visualizations, infographics, etc.)
o Works in collaboration with U.S., London and Hong Kong based writers to create, update and distribute
collateral that is in line with Client brand guidelines and helps promote our products, people and
o May include phased in “traffic” related duties related to Compliance review submissions of content to
support the team’s workflow model.
o Occasional Power Point production
▪ Infographic design: With increased focus on bringing our content to life through storytelling and
visualizations, may be opportunities for concepting and designing infographics both embedded in the content
template and as a standalone to highlight visual narrative.
▪ Digital design:
o Supports regular social media content efforts by developing content related visuals that seek to drive
client and prospect engagement across all social media channel postings
o Video—create and deliver assets to support video production
▪ Quality Control: Ensure quality and integrity of deliverables and adherence to regulatory and product appropriate guidelines. Secures quality review of data and content to ensure consistent corporate branding,
regulatory compliance, data and content accuracy.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
▪ Must provide portfolio examples of strongly executed work (via link, PDF or on-line) with resume
submission (where possible)
▪ Bachelor's degree in Graphic Arts or related field required (design, desktop publishing, etc.).
▪ Minimum of five years of demonstrable production/design experience (layout production, print design,
typography, white papers, etc.)
▪ Advanced technical skills in Adobe create suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat), Excel, Microsoft
Office applications, and PowerPoint
▪ Strong understanding of modern design requirements and best practices across all digital and mobile
▪ Must be proficient in print production, layout, and web design with an understanding of designing for
integrated, multi-channel campaigns.
▪ Proficient in MAC environment
▪ Strong creative conceptual skills
▪ Excellent spoken, written communication, and interpersonal skills critical for presentation of ideas to internal
▪ Ability to manage competing priorities, multiple production deliverables, and stringent deadlines in a fast paced environment
▪ Calm under pressure of stringent deadlines and unpredictable work volumes
▪ Strong attention to detail and thorough back/cross checking required
▪ Ability to listen to complex ideas and distill them into easy-to-understand concepts
▪ Customer service orientation
▪ Excellent time management and organizational skills
▪ Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
▪ Strong creative problem solving and time management skills
▪ Solid portfolio of impeccably well thought out and executed work
▪ Financial services or agency environment background a plus