- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Debra Powell
Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager reports to the Team Lead and is accountable for delivering high-quality, timely, and efficient digital customer experiences through social media within Experience Services & Digital Innovation (XSDI) Team as part of Experience Operations (XO). XSDI is composed of experienced digital experts who partner across Commercial, Medical and Government Affairs (CMG) to orchestrate and deliver integrated digital customer experiences that drive measurable business outcomes.
The Social Media Service is a newer team and in this role you will have the ability to shape its direction while having day-to-day responsibilities executing social media campaigns and programs on behalf of the client's product brands.
Our client believes that well-rounded social media professionals must have experience across multiple aspects of social media marketing, community, and platform management. A successful candidate will have broad experience across all of the following competency areas and deep expertise in at least three of them:
Content creation (as the creator or managing the process)
Organic social media
Social Listening & analytics
Influencer engagement and activation
Platform management (such as Sprinklr, Khoros, Sprout Social, etc)
This role is based in South San Francisco, but is open to fully remote candidates who are willing to travel 10-15% of the time.
- Drives customer- and patient-centric social media service delivery, optimization for impact and efficiency
- Partners with the marketing team to translate marketing messaging and strategy into integrated, omni-channel marketing strategies and tactics that drive business goals
- Manages agency partners to ensure high-quality strategy, content, and execution
- Guides planning and execution of paid social
- Leads development of social-first creative
- Works within a social media media management system to develop and adhere to best practices for delivery of social media and ensures partners do as well
- Educate the organization about the best use of influencers and activate them for the benefit of patients and customers
- Leverages internal analytics and external data to support insights and business-focused recommendations
- Understands the interplay between paid media, social media, email, and Website touchpoints and can speak to the role each plays across the customer and patient journey.
- Creates project plans and ensures key milestones, dependencies and timelines are proactively communicated across stakeholders and partners
- Has a knack for developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across a large, global, and highly matrixed organization.
- Delivers operational excellence by identifying and implementing process improvements and informing standards that enable great customer experience
- Seeks opportunities to optimize, test pilots, or advance new capabilities and share learnings across XO and the broader enterprise
- An analytical mindset that translates to the creative-side of social media content development
- Deep familiarity with paid social media, including how to buy and optimize campaigns and content
- Highly experienced working within a SMMS, Sprinklr is highly desirable
- Fluency in all social media analytics, across all major social media platforms
- Ability to apply data and analysis to drive decision making
- Strong planning, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet goals within the constraints of time and budget
- Bias for action, strong sense of immediacy, and drive to achieve objectives
- Adept at vendor/agency management to maintain healthy partnerships and deliver operational excellence
- Learning mindset and ability to identify/apply learning to other situations
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years experience working in digital/software marketing, digital production, marketing technology, or marketing operations related functions
- 5+ years with a focus on social media
- Pharma experience or experience in a highly regulated industry is a plus