- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- August 2022
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
The Patient and Market Experience (PME) team is looking for a patient- focused Design Researcher with the compassion, curiosity, creativity, and empathy to support development of this emerging capability to help drive the future of the patient financial experience in health care.
About the department you will serve: Revenue Cycle Services supports our patient’s financial journey as part of an enterprise-wide human-centered, technology-enabled care continuum.
This person will use human-centered design (also referred to as design research or design thinking) research methodology to probe, assess and evaluate behaviors of targeted groups of people and then translate that knowledge into meaningful information and system designs to inform and improve programs. Candidate will identify underlying cultural constructs and their expressions for specific groups of people, and identify the authentic connections within the ecosystem and help create breakthrough ideas.
- Define, structure, and conduct in-person ethnographic research, in person and remote usability evaluations according to targeted metrics
- Conduct research to explore and evaluate desired experiences, analyze research data, present findings, and make prioritized design recommendations
- Collaborate with beneficiaries and other stakeholders to co-create desired system / software experiences
- Clearly communicate research findings with a strategic voice, with prioritized recommendations and potential design solutions to developers, designers, and project sponsors through visually compelling presentations and documents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate degree in Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Cultural Anthropology or related degree desirable.
- Qualification in and/or significant experience using human centered design (design research / design thinking) research methodologies preferred.
- Ability to professionally manage very intense research methods, and work within a team environment.
- Knowledge of emerging research approaches, tools, and ways to present findings.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- Work well independently and in teams.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments