- Redmond, WA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kallie Boruff Emanuel
The Developer Division Design Studio is looking for a Visual Designer to help drive and develop the .NET ecosystem brand. We’re looking for a kind, curious, and capable designer, with a learn-it-all mindset to help drive industry leading experiences.
Brand and Visual Design
- Produces visual designs from concept to delivery. Help facilitate the creative visual design process producing the visual language for a cohesive brand system. Creates a variety of visual design documents including mood boards, storyboards, creative briefs, 3D models, lights, and textures, 2D layouts and redlines for a set of products, tools, and/or services, etc.
- Experience with wireframes, task flows, user jobs, scenarios, and personas in support of interaction designs for software-based experiences. Conceptualizes and delivers artifacts at various levels of fidelity. Ensures that the designs of the products allow the user to complete the desired functions in the best possible manner.
- Estimates individual schedule(s) (e.g., time requirements) for work delivery. Defines needs of product designs as the owner for a set of experiences/products based on multiple factors such as user insights and business needs. Identifies needs that are not spoken and includes them in end-to-end design plan and process. Collaborates with product owners and development team members to shepherd end-to-end experiences from concept to ship for products.
- Prototypes for new products and features as cheap and as fast as possible.
- Executes solid storytelling both verbal and visual. Can conceptualize and simplify themes and arcs from complex ideas, platforms, and data. Can follow specific partner direction to serve how they need to tell their story. Is intentional with every word and element that make up a scene or slide.
- Conveys work to peers and managers within their studio team(s) so that the audience understands. Sets context for stakeholders. Helps organize communication with cross-disciplinary teams inside and across through all stages of design and development. Owns communication for what one is doing in a proactive way. Identifies which mode of communication should be used. Manages tonality, being respectful, inclusive, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Visual Design
- Visual Storytelling
- Narrative Storytelling
- Design Tools
- Industry Trends and Emerging Industry Solutions
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
- Product Design
- Systems Thinking
- User-interface Design
- User-centered Design
- Written Communication
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.