- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Adam Gezelle
The role of the Content and Communications Specialist is to support our communications, engagement, and content marketing initiatives. Incumbent will support communication, thought leadership, and branding efforts that maximize the strategic goals and support a positive brand experience in social media and produce a wide range of content across all corporate channels. This includes working across teams to identify and publish content for a variety of digital platforms: our website, intranet, blogs, videos, creative campaigns, infographics, whitepapers, and more.
• Develop and maintain social media strategy:
o Manage content ideation and editorial calendar.
o Create, schedule, and track posts.
o Monitor trending stories, hashtags, and related content for thought leadership.
o Maintain and manage presence across LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc. optimizing for growth and internal and external engagement.
o Set up and optimize company profiles within social media platforms.
• Develop short and long-form content for generating leads and awareness, including (but not limited to) blog and social posts, infographics, webinars, videos, interactive content, and more.
• Manage the following:
o Testimonials and Customer Success Stories
o Video promotions
• Organize and maintain brand resources, photos, and digital assets, including keeping Brand Center up-to-date. Help ensure that assets produced are visually appealing and on-brand.
• Assist in video, blog, and podcast production efforts including creation of content for social media, the public web, YouTube, internal channels, and conferences and events.
o Write, edit, and proof other content as needed to ensure consistency in quality, style, and brand voice across the business.
o Assist with creation of company blogs, including writing posts, curating posts from internal and external authors, updating the editorial calendar, formatting and publishing posts, and monitoring metrics.
o Advise on best practices for visual and digital content across channels.
• Coordinate internal and external creative partners as needed to support campaigns and projects underway. Sample projects include voiceover talent, graphics artists, videographers, and photographers to complete projects as assigned.
• Manage campaigns that build engagement and foster a stronger culture for AccelerEd (i.e., wellness, motivational, and recognition initiatives).
• Collaborate with other content teams to see where we can share and translate content.
• Work collaboratively across teams to coordinate project requests such as videos, print publications, photography, email campaigns, website design/content, landing pages, and more.
• Compiles and maintains testimonials, including contacting clients to obtain quotes and permission, refining quotes, capturing relevant project details, and tracking usage. Manages and grows this program to bolster brand awareness and showcase innovation.
• Assist in scripting and storyboard concepts to create a concise, compelling message that aligns with our mission and brand.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
TOP 3 THINGS YOU WANT TO SEE ON A RESUME:
EXAMPLE OF A DELIVERABLE THEY'D BE WORKING ON:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, operations, communications, business, or closely related field and 5 plus years of related experience in the job offered.
• At least 2 years of social media management experience with proven proficiency in social media monitoring and campaign management.
• At least 2 years of video editing experience with ability to manage and produce video content for social media, instructional design, or other targeted audiences.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The ideal candidate will have a proven background of being an innovative self-starter who is a creative, proactive problem solver.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong motivation and adaptability to learn and understand new concepts and markets
• Strong interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
• Strong knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics
• At least 5 years of marketing and communications experience
• Ability to produce content that is engaging, relevant, and promotes thought leadership
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Ability to produce quality work product with attention to detail and high standards of quality
• Responsive to feedback
• Experience developing content, including basic copywriting and managing a content calendar
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
• Proficiency in social media tools (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Buffer, Hubspot, etc.)
• Proficiency with video editing platforms (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Camtasia, etc.)
• Design Skills with Photoshop, Illustrator a plus