- Austin, Texas - 3 Days on site
- Job Terms:
- $45-48/hour W2 + benefits
- Start date:
- 3 weeks from offer
- Posted By:
- Gerald Garrison
AQUENT is looking for an IT Project Manager in Austin, Texas for an 18-month contract. The ideal Project Manager will have 3-5 years project management experience, managing small to medium projects, with emphasis on product development, systems, and technology environments. We are NOT looking for Scrum Masters for this role... this is a stand alone Project Manager role working in an Agile development environment.
What you’ll do:
Project Managers are responsible for leading enterprise wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives. They lead a variety of different types of projects including launching new products and services, small to medium-scale application development, systems integration, process reengineering, operational efficiency improvements, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- • May act as primary lead or in concert with Project/Program Manager for planning, tracking, and delivering a given initiative; including business, operational, and information technology deliverables
- • Directs small/medium-scale, projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and partners
- • Partners or directly manages all aspects of the project life cycle and oversees all phases of a project
- • Partners with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to track Agile development milestones and support Agile practices as needed
- • Works with team to manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- • Understands the decision-making authority of the team and escalates as appropriate
- • Validates financial forecasts, cost assumptions, and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- • Defines and tracks project milestones while maintaining and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
Project Manager Required skills:
- 3-5 years project management experience, managing small to medium projects, with emphasis on product development, systems, and technology environments
- Direct experience mobilizing and motivating teams; set direction and approach; facilitate conflict resolution; identifies/understands drivers, root cause; seeking guidance or escalating when needed
- Proven ability to build a strong partnership and trust with Project Managers and Directors within the organization
- Ability to navigate a matrixed organization effectively • Business savvy and technical acumen
- Ability to communicate with clarity and precision both written and verbally
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering projects
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Experience and understanding in the use of project management tools In addition, ideal candidates will also have the following desired qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- PMP or PMI-ACP certification
- Background experience in financial services industry
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with and understanding of various software development methodologies, including Agile/Scrum
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world.
- We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success.
- We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
- Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all.
As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.