- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Caitlin Bair
Aquent's Client is seeking a Video Systems Specialist to join the team. This position is responsible for ensuring that daily content operations are running smoothly by ensuring the integrity and accuracy of ingested content, and supporting new and existing business with the system. The Video Systems Specialist will be expected to help source video server solutions and develop a video and graphics workflow infrastructure. They will also maintain the infrastructure via media asset management, and have an operational level knowledge of video content management workflows in order to best serve the businesses. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work well under tight deadlines, with the capacity to work across multiple teams to help users, document processes, and represent team feedback for software and workflow improvements.
● Support the studio and creative teams in creating efficient workflows for media processing, from ingest, to work-in-progress, to final delivery and project archiving.
● Sourcing and implementing video/graphic workflow server.
● Inform build-out team(s) of technical and engineering specificites required.
● Creating infrastructure folder structures, permissions, user access on asset management tools.
● Troubleshooting footage and software issues for motion staff.
● Source and implement a media asset management workflow.
● Produce and keep current video workflow documentation
● Proactively monitor system health; Reporting and tracking system bugs with the studio team.
● Take inventory of all current assets, apply standard naming conventions, methods of best practices, as well as quality review and any necessary edits or adjustment of content.
● Drive the progress, growth, and maturity of our asset management practices based on general industry/ media production trends.
● Develop and maintain content validation and metadata processes
● A thorough understanding of the post-production process for commercial, feature, and episodic workflows; must be extremely organized and will be expected to execute multiple projects in various stages of completion simultaneously.
● 7+ years of experience working video workflow infrastructure, digital asset and video content management systems
● Experience and clear understanding of metadata schemas and taxonomy development
● Previous experience with metadata input, organizing a large amount of files, hi-res file transmissions (FTP, servers, etc.), file naming conventions and database reporting.
● Deep knowledge of video, audio, and image encoding formats and industry best practices.
● Effective interpersonal skills; good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management, creatives and systems teams
● Working knowledge of full Adobe Creative Suite (and associated plugins)
● Working knowledge of Teradici based post-production workflows and archival processes and/or similar workflows
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
● Problem-solving skills and good follow-through
● Manage system tests to roll out of OS, Software, and plug-in versions.
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
● Passionate about the brand
● Passionate about troubleshooting issues, exploring, and experimenting new methods
● Self-starter with a habit for taking initiative
● BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience