- San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Menlo Park, CA (remote)
- Job Terms:
- $59/hr + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Caitlin Bair
Aquent's Client is looking for a visual design to join the Visual Systems Expressions Team — a team focused on shipping best-in-class creative expressions and communications within the company's app. This person will be responsible for contributing to the expansion of feed through concept, design development, and delivery of compelling visuals that will resonate with an external global audience and inspire everyday sharing.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter with a concept-driven approach, who understands how form influences function. They possess the ability to create high quality visuals in a variety of creative styles and mediums, including but not limited to 3D, motion design, illustration, vector-based graphics, typography, or mixed media. Ideally, this person has a strong understanding in how visuals elevate product design and bring delight to the user experience. Finally, this person is an expert in their craft and is highly skilled in collaborating with both internal and external partners, and should have the communication skills to drive work from inception to production.
- Generate new concepts quickly based on stakeholder direction and self-driven research, and create sketches, visual references, and/or design specs necessary to guide development of product experiences.
- Deliver compelling visual design assets in various styles/mediums: 3D, illustration, photography, video, animation or other media (as appropriate).
- Craft and execute final designs that satisfy a wide variety of expressions and culturally relevant aesthetics that may include UI, stickers, filters, frames, backgrounds and icons for mobile devices.
- Present concepts in a clear and focused way that drives productive discussion, and compels work forward.
- Inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully,
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with a cross-functional creative team to align on goals, priorities, direction and feedback.
- Commitment to the creation of delightful, beautiful, and relatable content with a high level of craft and attention to detail.
- 5+ years experience as a designer, motion designer and/or illustrator at a creative agency or in-house team.
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing relevant work (include link on your resume) that exhibits conceptual ability, experience working in a range of styles, composition, color, and design.
- Experience working on digital products and design systems.
- Experience collaborating closely with cross functional teams.
- Experience with implementation and art production pipelines.
- Demonstrated ability to take design feedback and incorporate it into iterative cycles, as well as give constructive feedback to peers.
- Passion for inclusive design and accessibility.
- Expert proficiency in Maya/C4D, After Effects , Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of design principles related to branding, marketing, and publishing with understanding of UX design, information hierarchy, user-flow, and typography.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex visual concepts clearly.
- Passion for data-informed decision making in order to deliver the best-in-class visuals and experiences to everyone.
- Seeks out creative opportunities to improve on process and product experiences.
- Experience working with outsourced vendors.
- Proficiency in design software is a plus. (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- Proficiency in Spark AR or equivalent is also a plus.