- Remote in Baltimore, MD; Boston, Houston, LA, Silicon Valley, or San Diego
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
As one of our fantastic technical writers, you will be part of a team responsible for the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content–for both internal and external technologies. You will do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical content from subject matter experts while translating it into clear, concise, structured documentation. This means sometimes you are documenting something yourself, sometimes you are editing contributed content from someone else, and other times you are fixing and reorganizing existing documentation. In addition, you may also have opportunities to do some coding and project management for various documentation requests.
- Create and maintain internal and external documentation for technologies and tools used within the company.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content you create and develop.
- Design, write, and edit technical and process documentation.
- Create and maintain code sample fragments and sample apps.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, technical writing, physics, mathematics, chemistry or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience in writing technical documentation.
- Experience documenting REST APIs.
- Experience with public cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience using the command-line.
- Experience authoring content in XML, HTML, Markdown.
- Experience writing, proofreading, and editing.
- Experience producing and organizing content with a logical flow.
- Experience meeting multiple deadlines.
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
• Be part of their mission of community building
• Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
• Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
• Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.