- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kara Lyons
We’re a large and well-respected digital design organization of 115+ passionate UX designers, content designers, researchers, visual designers, and design program managers led by our VP UX, and we’ll be growing by 40% in 2022! We're hiring to evolve UX across dozens of digital products and services and our brands, and to establish a shared design platform: an expanded design system, reusable content, user research and design thinking.
Here’s what you can expect from a UX career with our client:
• Participate in a collaborative, fun and friendly remote team environment that values diversity, builds and trains individuals, and supports long-term career and skills growth
• Contribute to large-scale digital systems and products that are used by millions of customers and have a meaningful impact on our business
• Join a proven UX organization that is benefitting from high growth, demand, visibility and investment
• Practice true user-centered design, supported by robust research and analytics capabilities
As the digital voice, the Digital Content Designer strategizes, creates and manages clear, consistent and engaging UX content, including information architecture, product copy, calls-to-action, microcopy, naming conventions and taxonomies, that help users achieve their goals. You’ll work across a broad range of customer experiences and touchpoints, including branded websites, software and product development, e-commerce, mobile, email and other digital content. The UX Content Designer also support our overall brand objectives by ensuring consistent voice and tone, and by communicating brand values through every stage of the customer journey. The UX Content Designer translates complex topics and ideas in ways that are user friendly, jargon free and easy to understand. Using design thinking and keeping the user at the center of everything you do, you’ll collaborate with UX Visual Designers, UX Designers and UX Researchers. You’ll work within an agile framework to create human-centered content design solutions that utilize customer insights, data, legal and stakeholder input.
In five to ten bullets, describe the job’s major duties and responsibilities. List responsibilities that total at least10% and no more than 60% of the time spent. List the most important duties first.
• Provide content strategy to ensure the right content is delivered at the right time and in the right form for users to successfully navigate an experience.
• Utilize best UX and digital writing practices to turn product and marketing requirements into a clear and concise experiences for our customers, including calls-to-action, micro copy, interaction flows, feature development and navigation.
• Create, maintain, and evolve our content guidelines and style guides.
• Partner with Senior Content Designers on content testing exercises.
• Collaborate with our multi-disciplinary UX team to design a variety of compelling user experiences.
• Use data and research to evaluate content’s impact and derive customer insights that will help us solve our biggest customer problems and show real business results.
• Work with and gain approval from other stakeholders and legal.
• Serve as brand ambassadors and owners of the brand voice.
Education and Experience (please refer to “Typical Experience/Education” found on the Level Factor Guide)
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, Journalism, Advertising, Communications or similar
• 4+ years experience as a content designer, UX writer, copywriter or content strategist
• Experience working with a cross-functional UX team
• Familiarity with lean UX and agile development processes
• Excellent writing skills
• Knowledge of best UX writing practices
• Knowledge of research methods related to content testing
• Comfortable facilitating design thinking exercises (don’t worry if you haven’t done it before, we provide design thinking training)
• A relentless focus on the user
• Understanding of agile development processes
• Good presentation skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to collaborate closely with peers, managers and stakeholders across disciplines and at all levels throughout the org
• Mastery of Office suite; familiarity with Axure, Figma and Sketch
• Experience with content management systems