- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Marly Caro
The main function of a 3D Artist is to create backgrounds, scene transitions and/or characters. A typical Artist needs to have a high level of creativity and able to communicate their ideas to both internal and external clients. The ability to be flexible to client demands, work well under pressure and multi-task are required skills.
• Plan, analyze and create 3D visual solutions to animation projects.
• Utilize a combination of hand drawing and computer design to produce special effects and action graphics.
• Prepare sketches or layouts to present to team.
• Create three dimensional models, animations, and visual effects.
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability.
• Expert ability to utilize various forms of media, including print, electronic and film.
• Expert ability to visualize in 3D and understand aesthetic aspects of design.
• Previous experience using the computer to create layouts and generate new images.
• Experience with Adobe publishing and graphics software.
• Experience leading a team of artists.
Top must-have HARD skills:
1. 3D animation experience, specifically in the area of character FACIAL animation
2. Real time animation experience
3. Proficiency in Maya and C4D
4. Proficiency in Real time Engine such as Unity or Unreal
Good to Have Skills:
1. Proficiency in Motion Graphics production in After Effects
2. Proficiency in Motion Capture Animation in Motionbuilder
3. Character rigging
4. 3D Modeling, Lighting and texturing skill
5. Motion Graphic skill is a plus (not a must)
• Associate's degree in design and/or certificate in graphic design required. Bachelor's degree in design or related field preferred.
- This role is remote BUT need to be tied to Menlo Park